Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Lets talk hunting stabilizers >

Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Old 03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default Lets talk hunting stabilizers

For hunting I am of the thought that all I really need is something for dampening effect, like a Sims X-coil variation or perhaps a small Doinker. My reasoning is I carry enough weight on my hunting bow because I am still stubborn and use a 2 pc. quiver. Specifically I'll be using the Octane and with the magnetic hood, its plenty heavy not adding in the weight of carrying 4-5 arrows. Thoughts?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets talk hunting stabilizers

I have found one stabilizer that I truly feel works best for me- I've had it on 15 or more bows and every single time I put it on the bow it gets quieter, has less vibe, and is a bit more timid than with whatever stabilizer was on it before.

Sorbotek-

Unfortunately they have been out of production for years- Luckily I found one that I had originally bought from Pat after Sorbotek went out of business, and someone bought up the old stock and had them re-dipped (poorly) . Someone Pat knows or something. I wish I had bought more. (Pat you still have any? )

I've been shooting that Simms S coil thing that has one of the better quality "modules" on it too. Works OK, but then I remebered I had the Sorbotek! Again, on both the AM35 and Admiral, the bows quieted down noticably and had even less recoil. The Am35 showed more improvement than the Admiral, but it was noticeable on both.

I wish I could find another couple of those things- especially the original ones that were anodized black.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 AM
N2D

Coug, I use the mini s-coil and it works just fine for me. Actually, for hunting, I really don't feel the need for a stab other than to help keep my sights out of the dirt when laying my bow down. I have shot with, and without a stab and can take it either way. I do completely understand the weight concept you are talking about. I try to keep everything as light as possible for the most part.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use stabilizers myself. I have a string suppressor on my bows and that seems to make them quiet enough for me.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I have used many stabilizer over the years. But I keep returning to the simms enhancer. It flat works. Short but takes vibration and balances my bow well.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

try the limbsaver x-press. needed a lighter one for my girlfriends bow. i kinda want one now
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I don't use stabilizers myself. I have a string suppressor on my bows and that seems to make them quiet enough for me.
I feel about the same on this one. If its not 8"or longer I really dont even feel the need for a stabilizer usually. The deer doesnt care if I can feel handshock...

If you are looking for one though that will help and is a cheepie, id go for the s-coil though.
Derek
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

I guess I fall on the other side of the fence from the majority. I prefer a little longer stab on my hunting rig. My current hunting setup (Trykon XL) has a 11.5" Doinker Carbon Elite on it.

I have hunted from treestands, blinds, crawled through the brush on my hands and knees, and done plenty of stalking with this setup. My personal feeling is that my stabilizer has never hung up in anything that wouldn't have otherwise caught on something else. When it comes to shooting, having the longer stab provides that extra stabilization for a little bit better accuracy.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with 98,I prefer having my bow balanced out and being able to get the weight out front of the bow is crucial for me to shoot well with it.

The Fuse Axium 10" is a great hunting stab.It is light weight and what little weight it has is on the end,works great for me.Before that I used a 6" vibracheck with a 3" doinker on the end.It was heavy but the combo worked awesome.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

While I do believe a String Suppressor does more for the $$ than a Stabilizer, I like the weight out front like TFOX mentioned.

Some of my favorites are:
1. Octane
2. Multi-Rod Doinker
3. B Stinger

Dan

Quick Reply: Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.