Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Show me a drawboard >

Show me a drawboard

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Show me a drawboard

Old 02-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Default Show me a drawboard

Man, I am really out of the loop. I used to work on all my bows, that is when you could take them down and wrestle with them on the floor, but always worked for me. Don't own a nice press, should get one but maybe later on. Anyways, since I am picking up a binary cam bow........just exactly what does a draw board look like and how does it work? All I can picture in my mind is a 2X4 with a winch on one end and a post of some sort on the other end[&:]. As you can tell I haven't visiting the shops much the last couple years.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Show me a drawboard

You really are out of the loop, cuz draw boards - or tillering boards - have been around for hundreds of years. Here's a video of a guy explaining how to use a tillering board. Of course, he's using it for making stickbows but it's the basically the same rig for compounds. You should be able to see enough on the video to figure out how to make your own, if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FxSVwom4OY
Old 02-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

You really are out of the loop, cuz draw boards - or tillering boards - have been around for hundreds of years. Here's a video of a guy explaining how to use a tillering board. Of
I have been shooting bows since 1976 and have NEVER seen one...........at least that I know of[&:]. Maybe I did and it is so simple I didn't pay attention.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:38 PM

Here's the one I made.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:40 PM

Checking the cam sync on my Admiral..

Old 02-14-2009, 05:30 PM

I've been a bowhunter since 1995, been reading bowhunting magazines since then too. I've been on one archery forum or another for 3 or 4 years: this is the first time I've seen or heard of this.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the pics WWAG, thats exactly what I needed to see. I might make one this week, got the materials except for a winch. Could store it in the garage easy enough.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:11 PM

I actually made this one about 4 years ago and used it some for my then new Patriot Dually. I then loaned it to a new up and coming archery shop. He then bought a Hooter Shooter and gave the crank board back to me, just in time to tune up my new Admiral

Have fun building one!
Old 02-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

They're not hard to build. I built mine from a treated 6' 2x6 I had laying around. You need a big pin of some type, a turnbuckle sleave for fine tuning a boat crank.

One thing to remember is to offset the crank from the pin where the bow goes by a couple inches.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it's one of the things I need to get around to making. Right now, I simply use a j-hook in a ceiling joist to check cam synch. I want to set one up with a digital scale scale to find/tweak my holding weight as well.

Quick Reply: Show me a drawboard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.