Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Doing some upgrades... >

Doing some upgrades...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Doing some upgrades...

Old 02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Doing some upgrades...

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Bucknasty and Gibblet are the same correct? And the QAD is high on my list of rests.
Yes, they are, and they are quality strings!

The Limb Driver is Hands down the Best drop away on the market, and the New capture arm makes it even more attractive to lots of hunters. I am running some specials on Ebay currently, so they are cheaper alsoIf I didn't use a LD my next choice would be the Whammy.

VaporTrail strings are top notch, and I have a special on them now also. PM me for a price.

Everything I sell is Free shipping! So be sure and give me a chance. We have most everything Archery in stock. If not I can have it in a day or 2 max.

Good Luck!! Testing New equipment is Fun!

Dan
Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOhunting

Rest - I would go with Limb Driver or Whammy. I have a whammy and have no regrets, but where I hunt is super thick and I didn't want the long Limb Driver string.

Sight - I have friends w/ G5 sights and they aren't too happy for what they paid. I have a Spot Hogg Wrapped Real Deal and love it. Great sight. Buddy just got one and loves his too.

It's all in what you like and have confidence in, like anything.
I always laugh when people say this, there is also a long cable that runs right beside it, whats the difference?

But to each there own i guess.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

ORIGINAL: MOhunting

Rest - I would go with Limb Driver or Whammy. I have a whammy and have no regrets, but where I hunt is super thick and I didn't want the long Limb Driver string.

Sight - I have friends w/ G5 sights and they aren't too happy for what they paid. I have a Spot Hogg Wrapped Real Deal and love it. Great sight. Buddy just got one and loves his too.

It's all in what you like and have confidence in, like anything.
I always laugh when people say this, there is also a long cable that runs right beside it, whats the difference?

But to each there own i guess.
Wayne, I always get a chuckle out of it too!

But all the people I've ever heard say it have Never used a Limb Driver[8D]

Dan
Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Hey Dan, you can't use that excuse anymore. I told you about that myself, and you chuckled then. And I did have one of the first limb drivers out.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Dan
Hey Dan, you can't use that excuse anymore. I told you about that myself, and you chuckled then. And I did have one of the first limb drivers out.
And I guess you were always hangin it on things?

Or was it one of them fear things?[8D]

I was looking last night at my Captain,and it looks near impossible to catch the Limb Driver cord without getting into the cables also.

Actually it would be hard to hurt anything if you did catch it, unless a raging bull is packin' your bowI've put it to the real World test hunting for over 2 years and harvesting around a dozen animals with it in NE., IL., and MO. I don't lose any sleep over it because it is Not a factor and I have peace of mind knowing I'm shooting the Best Dropaway I can.

There are issues with other Dropaways that concern me more than wondering about What-ifs over a 17" cord.

Dan
Old 02-13-2009, 11:34 AM
bigcountry

And I guess you were always hangin it on things?

Or was it one of them fear things?[8D]

I was looking last night at my Captain,and it looks near impossible to catch the Limb Driver cord without getting into the cables also.
It was probably a little of both. I have considered trying again with all these new features compared to the 1st version. New arms and all.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was probably a little of both. I have considered trying again with all these new features compared to the 1st version. New arms and all.
Same Old cord!

Dan
Old 02-13-2009, 08:39 PM
bigcountry

Same Old cord!

Dan
I am not saying you don't got a good point. I am just saying, I am not a big fan of cords period. I have been on pig hunts and running thru briars and those cords on any of em getting caught up. But so are the strings and cables.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same Old cord!

Dan
I am not saying you don't got a good point. I am just saying, I am not a big fan of cords period. I have been on pig hunts and running thru briars and those cords on any of em getting caught up. But so are the strings and cables.
BC, was them pigs chasin ya![8D]

Mean critters!

Dan
Old 02-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm now going into the fourth season with the SH Whammy rest. Also I have used all three generations of this rest. Like most rests out there, every year the manufacture comes up with a upgrade (if you wish to call it this) in the design. The whammy is one of those rest.
Unfortunately this year I did not attend the ATA Show and I'm unable to say what's changed on the whammy. Speaking to Cabe a while back, they were thinking of changing the plastic bushings to a ball bearing, as this would give much more support to the launcher armshaft. You will notice there's some movement in the launcher if rocked a bit. This however does 'not' affect the performance, honestly.
One problem the whammy had and this was mainly because of incorrect tension adjustment by the tech setting up the rest. If the cord is too close to the rest, sometimes the trigger spring broke. Spot Hogg beefed up that spring a tad and I have not seen one of those broken since.
The whammy, once tuned properly works really well. It holds thearrow perpendicular to the string all the way thru the let off cycle, but, for about 4 inches. Because itconnects to the cable moving up with the draw cycle, there's no tension, let off, nock travel problems associated with this system.
There are many good rest out the, the LD, the QAD HD are all great rest. For simplicity the WB is hard to beat. It's all a matter of ones choice really.

Quick Reply: Doing some upgrades...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.