Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Done some shopping >

Done some shopping

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Done some shopping

Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Done some shopping

I am playing around with arrows right now for 3-d and pulled out 5 hyperspeed 2-39 ACC's(which are no longer being made[:@]) I had left over from shooting 3-d a few years ago.I decided that since ibo is allowing 2" vanes now that I would put some Razr's on them and put some 65 grain screw in points.So I decided I would go see if Gander had any in stock,well of course they didn't BUT,they did have 1 pack of the old Wasp Hammer SST 100 grain broadheads that I had already decided I was going to use this coming deer season.The reason is cost,broadheads are just getting crazy on price and these heads will fly better than most on the market and outpenetrate most as well.They had a 6 pack for $24.99 so I grabbed them up.That is 6 for less than what 3 of most cost. They didn't have my razr's though.[:'(]

BUT,it gets better.I went to settle up with my shop on my shooter bow and pick up my 10" Fuse Axium stabilizer(I likes alot)While I was there I picked up the 180 grip,which I also like alot.Well,I had already paid and he was closing shop when I just happened to ask,know where I can find any of the old Hyperspeeds.He asked,what size,I said 39's and he answered,I might have some.He walked back to a shelf and on top was 8 brand new arrows that he had spilled some oil on[&:]He charged me a whole 40 bucks for them along with a dozen g-nocks[8D]These shaft cost about $165 a dozen when they were being made.He also had a pack of razr's sitting there.

I made up my hunter class arrows that weigh in at 280 grains with 10.7% foc and I am getting right at 290 fps out of.

I plan on setting up the new arrows for mbr with 70 grain nibbs and 2 1/2" feathers to shoot out of my other bow.

I was considering fatboys for hunter class and still might do it but right now I am happy with what I have.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Done some shopping

Im assuming your AM is shooting the 290fps right How does it feel since Lanny messed with it? Nice steal on the arrows too.

Btw, i just picked up an 06protec for 250$ I need to get it over to him as soon as i get it for a full rigging!!!

Derek
Old 02-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

It doesn't really feel any different,I did have it shooting really well and he brought about everything back into my specs.And yes,it is the AM but I really am not seeing any better speed out of the AM than the xtec.He built the xtec rigging and got me a few fps on it but on the am,I said not to worry about speed and just get me the best rigging you can.He gained me a couple fps but not much.That is just to be expected from a modular system shooting at lower draw lengths.

That sure is a nice price on the protec,I assume that is the one you need to get cams for.You will LOVE that bow when you get it it setup for you.

Tracy was asking me how he built his string today.He was asking the heck does he get them as stable as he does and not have the peep move.I told him a couple things he does so maybe now,Tracy might have some decent strings.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome. You know im not worried about the fps anyway with my long DL Just want a forgiving and consistant bow!

Protec-That isnt the same bow... It is actually a camo cam1.5 bow. Darin said we might have some c2 or vector cams that will fit it too for my DL!!! If not, im sure it will still be an xkiller with the cam1.5 setup either way. I couldnt pass it up really, it was soo tempting!And Ive seen what they can do
Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think the vectrix cams will work very well since that is a more parralel limb cam.The c2 might work well though.

I had the cam 1/2 on my 06 protec and it is was a shooting machine and still the best shooting bow i have ever owned.

Those arrows i setup were the ones i was going to give to you know who.Glad i didn't now.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I don't think the vectrix cams will work very well since that is a more parralel limb cam.The c2 might work well though.

I had the cam 1/2 on my 06 protec and it is was a shooting machine and still the best shooting bow i have ever owned.

Those arrows i setup were the ones i was going to give to you know who.Glad i didn't now.
Definately. The better he gets at shooting, the worse he is at being a person All he does is bragggg.

What is the weight on those arrows? That is a light setup you have got going there!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those old SSTs are great heads. I used them for a couple years myself both the regular screw in ones as well as the Carbon Compression Lock version- I like the Wasps better than Muzzy's frankly.

Good price on the hypers! I think they stopped making those before I got out of the game.

And a Pro-Tec with Spirals is tough to beat (as long as you are OK with the valley)
Old 02-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

Definately. The better he gets at shooting, the worse he is at being a person All he does is bragggg.

What is the weight on those arrows? That is a light setup you have got going there!

They are 6.92 grains per inch.

I might have to invite him to shoot at a real 3-d range outdoors one time to give him a little lesson.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea jeff,i shot them before and remember that they flew absolutely great but don't recall ever shooting a deer with them.But all the people I talk to about them say penetration is awesome.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea jeff,i shot them before and remember that they flew absolutely great but don't recall ever shooting a deer with them.But all the people I talk to about them say penetration is awesome.
I took a couple deer with the Carbon Compression Lock versions on AFC and Easton PC shafts (as well as the previous one with the Diamond tip). Flew brilliantly. Super tough, and Wasp blades are scary freaking sharp.