Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2008 Allegiance vs older Allegiance >

2008 Allegiance vs older Allegiance

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2008 Allegiance vs older Allegiance

Old 01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default 2008 Allegiance vs older Allegiance

Just wondering about any differences in the '08 and older models. Besides having a slightly lighter riser what else if any? Still used speed mods/smooth mods or were they incorporated into one mod? How does the '08 model rate in comparison to the older models.........same, better, worse?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Allegiance vs older Allegiance

No clue about differences between old and new, but I'll say the 2008 Allegiance and the 2009 SWAT they have at my shop are very similar in draw feel (SWAT is a bit smoother into letoff). They don't stack up and drop off like the Center Pivot bows do- totally different feel.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Couger Mag, the difference between the 07 and 08 models are cosmetic only. The 08 has black cams and uses the InVelvet finish while the 07 has the standard finish and silver cams. Otherwise, they're identical in design and weight.

Now the difference between the 07/08's and the 05/06's are quite a bit. The newer ones are lighter, slightly different cam (IMO, smoother, especially with the smooth mods), anduses modules, which you have a choice between smooth and speed mods. The grips on the 07/08's are also narrower by using side plates instead of a solid wood grip.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Jeff and Muzzy.

No clue about differences between old and new, but I'll say the 2008 Allegiance and the 2009 SWAT they have at my shop are very similar in draw feel (SWAT is a bit smoother into letoff).
Wonder what a SWAT goes for? Guess I need to take some time and visit my Bowtech dealer and while at it call the two Elite dealers listed for my area. I'm just afraid I might walk out with a bow or ordering one[8D].
Old 01-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Wonder what a SWAT goes for? Guess I need to take some time and visit my Bowtech dealer and while at it call the two Elite dealers listed for my area. I'm just afraid I might walk out with a bow or ordering one[8D].
Nothing wrong with that! New Bows are (to quote Martha) "A good thing"

I don't know exact prices but my dealer said the SWAT runs a couple hundred less than the CP riser bows.

FWIW- I think the Allegiance/SWAT/GT500/Z28/AM35 are all very comparable in feel draw wise, just the Hoyt has a softer wall with no limb stop (not that it's spongy- it's solid, just not rock solid like a BT/Elite w/ the limb stop)
Old 01-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Haven't posted in a yr. and here I post twice in the same night. I've shot a "lot" of bows lately from all of the big boys because everyyear at this time Isuffer from cabin fever and I start thinking aboutupgrading. I always take my 06 Ally and switch back and forth for a comparison.This is the third year I've done this andso far I'm keepin' my Ally. My 06 has that thicker one piece grip and that's the only thing I would change if I could (could I?). It also does have mods. and mine happens to have smooth mods. I know it's heavier than the 07-08's but that's fine with me. If the Carnivore or one of the Elite's don't break the spell I'll be shooting it again next year.

Dan/Vars (my tracking machine)
Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couger Mag, the SWAT is an awefully nice bow. I did get a chance to run a few arrows out of it and I liked it overall. It's very smooth and was similar to the Allegiance in terms of feel.

However, you might want to wait around until they get the Air Raid out. That thing looks sick! As I've said numerous times, I have no intentions on replacing my Allegiance, but...the Air Raid really has my attention.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Couger Mag, the SWAT is an awefully nice bow. I did get a chance to run a few arrows out of it and I liked it overall. It's very smooth and was similar to the Allegiance in terms of feel.

However, you might want to wait around until they get the Air Raid out. That thing looks sick! As I've said numerous times, I have no intentions on replacing my Allegiance, but...the Air Raid really has my attention.
The Air Raid is definitely worth considering.

I have mine on order!

Dan
Old 01-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mfd1027

Haven't posted in a yr. and here I post twice in the same night. I've shot a "lot" of bows lately from all of the big boys because everyyear at this time Isuffer from cabin fever and I start thinking aboutupgrading. I always take my 06 Ally and switch back and forth for a comparison.This is the third year I've done this andso far I'm keepin' my Ally. My 06 has that thicker one piece grip and that's the only thing I would change if I could (could I?). It also does have mods. and mine happens to have smooth mods. I know it's heavier than the 07-08's but that's fine with me. If the Carnivore or one of the Elite's don't break the spell I'll be shooting it again next year.

Dan/Vars (my tracking machine)
You can put sideplates on the 06 Ally, I did!Check with Bob Lambeth. His prices are reasonable and he does some great work.

If you shoot the New Carnivore you may be getting a New Bow. That thing continues to impress me. I've already tagged2 Winter Merriam Gobblers with it.

Dan
Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks! Dan I'll check on the sideplates. My Bowtech guy doesn't have a Carnivore on hand rt. now but he's got one on the way. We'll see.lol I have the feeling the Elite's draw cycle will be similar to my Ally but you never know until you shoot em yourself.

Dan

Quick Reply: 2008 Allegiance vs older Allegiance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.