Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arm straight or bent, feet apart or together? >

Arm straight or bent, feet apart or together?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arm straight or bent, feet apart or together?

Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arm straight or bent, feet apart or together?

The bend in the arm is a just matter of what some are considering bend.I prefer straight but not locked as do most coaches.Some consider this a slight bend.

This is one of the absolute best archers out there.

This guy here is the best spot shooter in the world right now but he has gone to a more relaxed bow arm but it is still straight.but he did win vegas with this form and also with a more relaxed arm.

This is probably the best bow arm positioning.This is considered the best compound shooter in the world.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is the second guy in January of 08,you can see the change.Anywhere between the new and the old is pretty good.Like I said,he has won Vegas with both.whichever is more comfortable is best.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x47...ouef-usa_sport
Old 01-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

DaveCousins (guy on the bottom of the moving vid.) is absolutely rock solid!!! Its amazing to see him release. You cant beat that at all, perfect...

If i could only do that consistently

Derek
Old 01-29-2009, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the replies fellows. I shot my video league the other night and moved my feet to shoulder width apart rather than close together and it felt alot more comfortable/stable.Istill like my arm slightly bentpersonally so im gonna stick with it.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm leery to give too many tips on form as I think it's very unique for each and every archer due to physical makeup and personal strengths/weaknesses. Not to mention It's something *I* always have to work on as well.

That said- I just want to add that the most humbling Archery experience of my life was when they had a shooting seminar with Dave Cousins and Jim Despart at my local shop. They are both absolute machines. In fact Jimmy was shooting tighter groups than his Hooter Shooter was doing- I'm not kidding! They shot a spot round and Jimmy won that day, but Dave's game is field archery.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I'm leery to give too many tips on form as I think it's very unique for each and every archer due to physical makeup and personal strengths/weaknesses. Not to mention It's something *I* always have to work on as well.

That said- I just want to add that the most humbling Archery experience of my life was when they had a shooting seminar with Dave Cousins and Jim Despart at my local shop. They are both absolute machines. In fact Jimmy was shooting tighter groups than his Hooter Shooter was doing- I'm not kidding! They shot a spot round and Jimmy won that day, but Dave's game is field archery.
I agree with you that we are all individuals and will alter our form toa comfort level, but just like golf or other things there are still basics that should be learned and then change from there a bit. Learn the basics first to get a solid foundation and then start experimenting from this. Just like building any structure you have to satrt from the base and work your way up.