Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Eliminate Peep Rotation??? >

Eliminate Peep Rotation???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Eliminate Peep Rotation???

Old 04-11-2003, 08:43 AM

Default Eliminate Peep Rotation???

Is it possible to have it mounted in such a way that it does not rotate when I draw back?

I have a Fletcher Tru-Peep in my string, this is one that splits the string in half without the use of tube. This is on a factory Hoyt Razortech string. I have one of the specialty peep housings on my UltraTec with a winners choice string and no rotation at all!!!

Is it possible or is the guy at my shop not wanting to spend the time to do it right?

Thank You
UpNorth
Old 04-11-2003, 08:55 AM

Default RE: Eliminate Peep Rotation???

It might be cheating a bit but I get away with using a tied in nock point above and below the arrow nock, and a string loop around that. I can then turn the loop where it lines the peep up for me. I don' t even add a peep to a new string until I have a couple of hundred shots through it.

-Chief
Old 04-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe consider...taking the peep out all together and installing a " no-peep" ?
Old 04-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use to try that with my Parker. Yeah right! I finally got fed up with constantly tuning and bought Winners Choice string and cable. Now it comes back right every time.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:20 PM

That peep will rotate as long as the string is stretching. Don' t buy zebra string
thinking it won' t rotate. It will.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:38 PM

Even after the string has been " broken in" and has stretched, it will still fluctuate some. Especially when going from a nice warm house to a below freezing treestand.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:00 PM

Even after the string is brken in will the peep still rotate? If so that tells me it has to be the string material because my winners choice does not move.

I am thinking of replacing the string portion only on my Hoyt with a Winners choice to try and eliminate this problem.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

My mathews and reflex are shooting zebra twist strings, and my bowtech has the winners choice.
I think the key to non-peep rotaion for me has been using the string loop to align my peep. At rest they all sit within a 1/8th rotation of truely faceing rearward. In fact I do believe the bowtech and reflex are facing 100% rearward.

No tied in nocks and no brass nocks.

On my champion, the string sat facing 90 dgrees sideways, but at full draw would pull the peep true. I have no idea what strings it used.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like ya need another winers choice string . That will cure your problem

Quick Reply: Eliminate Peep Rotation???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.