Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 With all this talk about cam lean... >

With all this talk about cam lean...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

With all this talk about cam lean...

Old 12-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default With all this talk about cam lean...

It got me worried. I went out and shot some arrows this morning and i noticed a ticking sound on the bottom cam. It does it about half way into drawing. And if i push on the cam it does it every once in a while. Just by eyeballing it i think it has quit a bit more lean than the top cam. But it still shoots goods as it always has. So what am i to do? Just shoot it till it falls apart? So any help would be appriciated.

Wayne
Old 12-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: With all this talk about cam lean...

Take it to a good pro shop and have them look at it and/or fix it. If you can fix it yourself, then, fix it. I would not worry so much about the cam lean as I would the ticking sound but I imagine they are both related.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
bigcountry

One thing I did before I got a alignment laser was use a long level to see how straight the cam was relative to the other. Believe it or not it worked well. I used this method for adjusting yokes on cams too to adjust out lean.

Sorry to make you start questioning things. Its just getting to the off season, and I like to tinker alot in the winter.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Take it to a good pro shop and have them look at it and/or fix it. If you can fix it yourself, then, fix it. I would not worry so much about the cam lean as I would the ticking sound but I imagine they are both related.
Thats the problem. I dont know of any good pro shops around here. The only one i know of, the onwer is aahole and he sells mathews onlyso idk if he'd work on it of not. The only reason i bought the bow from the shop i bought it from is because he sells them cheap but i dont think he knows much about working on bows.And im no bow tech so iwouldknow the first thing on how to fix it.
There is a little wear on the serving on thecable and i thought new string and cables would help but i dont understand why it ticks when ipush on it. I should also add it dosent tickevery time i draw or every time i push on it.

Wayne
Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Thats the problem. I dont know of any good pro shops around here. The only one i know of, the onwer is aahole and he sells mathews onlyso idk if he'd work on it of not. The only reason i bought the bow from the shop i bought it from is because he sells them cheap but i dont think he knows much about working on bows.And im no bow tech so iwouldknow the first thing on how to fix it.
There is a little wear on the serving on thecable and i thought new string and cables would help but i dont understand why it ticks when ipush on it. I should also add it dosent tickevery time i draw or every time i push on it.

Wayne
You may have to travel a bit to get to a good shop. Before I started working on my own stuff the shop I would use was 55 miles away. You may want to ask around on here, HNI, if anyone from MO can recommend a place to go.

It really shouldn't tick any time you draw or push on it. I would get it looked at by someone.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Wayne
You may have to travel a bit to get to a good shop. Before I started working on my own stuff the shop I would use was 55 miles away. You may want to ask around on here, HNI, if anyone from MO can recommend a place to go.

It really shouldn't tick any time you draw or push on it. I would get it looked at by someone.
Ok ill try and find a good shop and get it looked at. This just pisses me off cuz i wont be able to get to a shop any time soon andthere is still some season left and i wanted to hunt a little more. Oh well

Wayne
Old 12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could send it to a good reputable tuner and have it restrung, and tuned all in the same go. I would recommend Terminal Velocity Archery. they tuned my 101st and got her up to 320fps at 61#'s.

First though id recommend tryig to find a good shop.
Derek
Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just went out and shot 15 or so arrows. The first 5 it didn't do it but the last ten it did it. But i came in the drew it about 5 times and it didnt do it. And it's not ticking when i push it anymore. So the end of this week ill go to a shop and see what they can do. Thanks for all the advice.

Wayne
Old 12-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it cold outside where you are? Cos' that can def cause issues with noise when you bring a room temp bow out in the cold- especially if not lubricated properly.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Is it cold outside where you are? Cos' that can def cause issues with noise when you bring a room temp bow out in the cold- especially if not lubricated properly.
No, its around 60today

Wayne

Quick Reply: With all this talk about cam lean...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.