Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 " Fall away rest"  for a Genesis >

" Fall away rest" for a Genesis

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

" Fall away rest" for a Genesis

Old 04-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: " Fall away rest" for a Genesis

Great, now I have to take the hub caps off my tractor after I finish with my kids bow!
Well, as usual, the " group" knows best. I dispensed with the " fall-away" rest idea, in favor of a " capture" rest.
This weekend I mounted a " Whisker Biscuit" on the bow. Needed to make a 1/2" spacer out of delrin to be able to get center shot correct.
The plunger idea would have worked but for my son, I wanted him to focus on his form, not on the arrow falling off the rest.
We got it paper tuned and he is already showing vast improvments. We are both really excited about his new found hobby. I also mounted up a Impact Archery Cosmic sight. (a left-over from my friends bow, he got a new Copper John)
My boys form and confidence has gone way up!
I think the next addition will be a " No-peep" , then his form should be fantastic![:-]
Old 04-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eccelent idea mlaubner I may get one of those for my kids genisis . Ive got him shooting fingers so some times he has problems pulling the arrow off of the rest . Your setup would solve that issue .
Old 04-07-2003, 10:47 AM
CG

There are about 6 kids shooting Genesis bows and the 2 that have WB seem to hav ethe least amount of trouble dealing with arrows falling off the rest......the other 4 seem to fight the arrow falling off the rest constantly.....I' m getting a bow for my 5 year old this summer and it will have the Whisker Bisquit on it.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

My bot started shooting fingers, but after two days of doing so, his fingers gave out. I gave him a Scott release from my shooting box after I adjusted it to fit his wrist and he really took to that. He gets a more consistant anchor point and can hold the string long enough to allow me to help him with his form. I know everyone shoots differently and with different set-ups...this just happens to work for me/my son.
Again, thanks to everyone that contributed!