Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS >

82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 PM

Default 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

I know some of you guys either work at or run bow shops - im set on either the 82nd or the admiral for next year. the admiral has shorter ata the 82nd way fast. you guys that have shot these two what do you think.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

The Admiral is a little smoother, but the 82nd is a whole lot faster.......

You are talking about two totally different bows here....
Old 12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

The Admiral is a little smoother, but the 82nd is a whole lot faster.......

You are talking about two totally different bows here....

Yep. You are talking about a corvette and a Coupe De Ville.

Personally, I like the Coupe De Ville (Admiral)... which is still not exactly slow.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:52 PM

It really depends upon what you are looking for. I was looking for a speed bow when I bought my 82nd Airborne, which is smoother than you'd think (that's why I bought it and not an X-force). The Admiral is is another great bow that I am currently considering, but I am comparing it to the Elite Z28. Both do what they are designed to do and do it well.

SC-- like the car analogy. I use that all the time when talking to customers at Gander.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 PM

I really like my Admiral, it's everything I thought it might be after owning a Tribute for two years. I really like the short bows for hunting so I knew what to expect and it's a great replacement for my Tribute that I gave to my brother.
I've shot the 82nd and I just don't want to work that hard to shoot it. I could turn the weight down and get the same draw effort and probably speed but I'd have to live with that short brace height. My cold weather hunting clothes would probably give my accuracy a fit at the time that I needed it most so I went with a very forgiving brace height.
Shoot both bows and make a decision, they are both great bows at what they do best.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:04 PM

I hear you about the cold weather thing. Up here in Northern Minnesota it is 15°F right now and when I hunt in the cold, that can be a problem, but a problem that is easily solved. I just through an arm guard on over everything.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could go with the Captain and get the best of both worlds Its faster than the admiral. its in the median as far as ATA. It draws considerably easier (even easier than the admiral) and it feels just like the admiral on the shot. It sounds like im trying to stear you away from the 82nd, but trust me im not. I have a 101st so I know the difference between all of them. But comparing the admiral and the 82nd is pretty far off, so if you like some of the factors of both, the captain is in the middle and you would probably like the shot better than the 82nd as well. just my .02
Derek
Old 12-02-2008, 06:09 PM

My local shop hasnt got any leftys in - so i may take a trip to cabelas or bass pro to shoot em and see , the brace height is my concern so far. ive watched some guys pullin the 82nd and it looks pretty harsh. Id rather accuracy any day.who knowsmight even sling a few through a mathews ?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

For what its worth I'm a bowtech guy. I went and shot all the new bows tonight and am completely effed up. All the new bows are sweet. That alpha max is really nice, the reezin 6.5 is smooth and suprisingly quiet, the draw on the admiral and the captain seemd very steep at the end to me. Kind of like falling off a cliff. Nice back wall though. My shop guy said that the admiral was a better seller than the captain for whatever reason. Having a '05 Ally I figured I would be partial to the captain but actually did like the Admiral better.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: dave37

My local shop hasnt got any leftys in - so i may take a trip to cabelas or bass pro to shoot em and see , the brace height is my concern so far. ive watched some guys pullin the 82nd and it looks pretty harsh. Id rather accuracy any day. who knows might even sling a few through a mathews ?
Bowtech won't sell out of Cabela's or Bass Pro, they can only be sold at pro shops because pro shops have more knowlegable employees. They sell Diamond out of Cabelas, Bass Pro and Gander.

Quick Reply: 82 AIRBORNE / ADMIRAL QUESTIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.