Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broadheads

Old 11-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadheads

I shoot about the same setup you have and shoot mainly Muzzy heads,28" ICS with Blazers 100 grain brass insert behind 125 Muzzy 3 blade and Phantoms.I shoot this configuration from 3 different bows and have had great luck with my tunes.That is the magic word,tuned! Mine shoot very close to my field points.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

how do i tune my bow? with my old arrows with 4 inch duravanes, nap thunderheads and magnus stingers shot excellent with them. my new arrows are beman ics hunter with 2 inch blazers

i might look at slick tricks. what about the g5 strikers? or the wasp boss 4 blade sst;s?
Get a copy og Easton's Tuning Guide. It'll take you from initial setup right up through broadhead tuning in easy to understand terminology.

You can find it at www.bowjackson.com or www.huntersfriend.com.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i think my bow is tuned i just want to figure out what heads im going to get then after that i can worry aboput tuning
Old 11-29-2008, 05:49 AM

well i think my bow is tuned i just want to figure out what heads im going to get then after that i can worry aboput tuning
If it shoots a repeatablebullet tear through paper then it's paper tuned. Here is the link again:
http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/articles/tuning/papertuning/indexpt.cfm
I'm also pasting a broadhead tuningchart that might be helpful.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: im ocd

If it shoots a repeatablebullet tear through paper then it's paper tuned. Here is the link again:
http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/articles/tuning/papertuning/indexpt.cfm
I'm also pasting a broadhead tuningchart that might be helpful.

i see that i will do that as soon as i get new heads. im right now trying to figure out what heads to get.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

It doesn't matter really, all the heads listed are good. Just pick one even if its at random. Put more effort & energy into things that matter more. tuning, etc.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

If i were you i would hold off on buying a bunch of the heads you need. My advice, paper tune and walkback tune. Then, try a couple diff size BH's and see what groups better and which hit closer to your flied points. Once you figure out what weight flies the best with your broadhead then buy a pack or two in the weight you need
Old 11-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok thanks. i think im getting the g5 strikers. i will probably get 100 grains. i will probably have more questions once i get the heads and try to paper tune it but thanks for all the great info. thnaks
Old 11-29-2008, 08:49 PM

Make a video!
Old 11-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Make a video!
of what?

Quick Reply: broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.