Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Advantages to a new string >

Advantages to a new string

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Advantages to a new string

Old 11-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Advantages to a new string

Yes, I am going off word of mouth from AT and other place, such as Drock on here. I mean its one thing if just a few people are satisfied but when there are thousands of people that are satisfied the guy has to be doing something right. I would also think me might be good if people are willing to wait over a year or 2 just to ship their bow to him. Just face it -- the guy is one of, if not the, best in the business. He fine tunes your bow down to every little detail and has been know to get bows to shoot up to 15fps faster. I mean heck if the guy lives in Missouri why wouldn't he take it to a guy that is regarded as one of the best in the business. And I agree it doesn't make a difference IF they are all put together good; but thats a big IF. Yea call me a brown-noser, but ya gotta think some of the people on AT who recommend him know a thing or two about how a bow works and how it should shoot. SO if ya don't trust people on AT for information who do ya trust? People on HuntingNet?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:14 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

Yes, I am going off word of mouth from AT and other place, such as Drock on here. I mean its one thing if just a few people are satisfied but when there are thousands of people that are satisfied the guy has to be doing something right. I would also think me might be good if people are willing to wait over a year or 2 just to ship their bow to him. Just face it -- the guy is one of, if not the, best in the business. He fine tunes your bow down to every little detail and has been know to get bows to shoot up to 15fps faster. I mean heck if the guy lives in Missouri why wouldn't he take it to a guy that is regarded as one of the best in the business. And I agree it doesn't make a difference IF they are all put together good; but thats a big IF. Yea call me a brown-noser, but ya gotta think some of the people on AT who recommend him know a thing or two about how a bow works and how it should shoot. SO if ya don't trust people on AT for information who do ya trust? People on HuntingNet?
I trust myself. There are several on here that are much brighter than I, and I trust. And I have seen things that stump me, and still doesn't make sense. But there is tons of misinformation on AT IMO. I see some techies try to act like its some sort of black magic science that only they can do. But tune up about 10 bows, and you will see its not. Its attention to detail.

I sure don't know about thousands are satisfied with carter. I am sure the guy is good, but if you get the right arrow for the right bow, and set the stuff up straight, there is nothing he can do any better than anyone else. I know if I can't tune my bow, I usually will sell it. Its the stuff that you can't figure out, strange effects that make you scratch your head and need an experienced person.

I suggest everyone takes a new bow, and play around with the rest. Move it to the extremes, and see what happens on paper, bareshaft, walkback, etc tuning. Watch the effects as you slowly adjust. Move the nocking point real high, and play. Get a bow scale, get bow vise, get a chrono, and start playing around with tiller, and speed nocks, start tinkering.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Crackers from all accounts does very good work but to call him the best might be an overstatement.(he might be one of the best)How many world records have been set with his tune jobs or even strings?

I have a local guy that doesn't even do it for a living that can lay claim to 3.Of course he was their coach as well at the time.

He doesn't use a machine to serve with either.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

big,you are correct,there is tons of misinformation on AT.[8D]

I am sure Crackers can do things that many can not, due to the equipment at hand.Shooting machines,drawing machines and lazers ALONG WITH A KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO USE THEM PROPERLY go a long ways.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Your missing my point -- Crackers IS one of the best in the bizz and if they guy who started this thread lives in Missiouri why wouldn't he go visit Crackers? Just makes sense in my opinion. I live in Central Ohio and I havn't found a decent pro shop as to where I feel comfortable with anything the guy does to my bow. I would love to do it myself cause I'm sure its not rocket science -- but like you said -- lack of tools and money to get started.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

TFOX -- not saying you are wrong but to state that there is tons of mis-info on AT and not claim that on this sight is a joke. I have pretty much learned who to listen to on this forum and others, and who's info to let go in one ear and out the other. Everyone has personal preferences -- for instance you are on the "Hoyt national shooting staff" -- so you would argue that hoyt makes the best bow where I might say that Mathews is (which I never would)
Old 11-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL I can get my bow to shoot 15 FPS faster just by going from a 605 grain arrow to a 530 grain arrow . I just don't see how it's worth waiting for months, sending your bow off to someone and waiting more, paying a lot of money and getting 15 FPS. Does 15 FPS really make that much difference when hunting deer?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah you changed your arrow -- he didn't thats the difference. I am in no way claiming he is the best but he is definately one of the best. Man get the chips off your shoulders people
Old 11-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Change the bow, chnage the arrow, it is still a 15 FPS gain. No chip on my shoulder just not sure why I should be so impressed with squeezing 15 FPS more out of a bow. Tell me why 15 FPS is that important and then maybe I'll be more impressed by it .
Old 11-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

I never said it was inpressive -- I could care less how fast my arrow gets there as long as it gets there on a straight line. You ASSumed that was the whole selling point of Crackers, which its not.

Quick Reply: Advantages to a new string

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.