" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Best custom strings? >

Best custom strings?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best custom strings?

Old 11-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best custom strings?

Vapor Trails for me!!

Dan
Old 11-22-2008, 05:58 PM

Dan, I understand that good string has minimal stretch. Why did you choose Vapor Trail? I put them on my 82nd, but I was thinking about switching to Crackers. The Vapor Trails work fine, but I was think I could try something else. I know you are an experienced archer and was wondering what you look for in a good string.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Dan, I understand that good string has minimal stretch. Why did you choose Vapor Trail? I put them on my 82nd, but I was thinking about switching to Crackers. The Vapor Trails work fine, but I was think I could try something else. I know you are an experienced archer and was wondering what you look for in a good string.
Quality construction, No Stretch, and Longevity. I've used most of the strings mentioned and Vapor Trails are as good as it gets.

Actually BowTech OEM strings are way under rated and better than many so called custom strings I've used.

Dan
Old 11-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the comment about the bowtech factory strings. i had 3000 shots or more on my generals factory string and it still wasnt in that bad of shape. now when i had my hoyts... it was a totally different story. not bashing the company at all b/c i love hoyt, but their strings (from my experience with my ultramag and then ultratec) werent near as long lasting as my generals.
Derek
Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 PM

Hoyt makes bows, not strings. Same with Bowtech. That is why Bear uses Winner's Choice strings. However, I am not a big fan of Winner's Choice because I thought that the Bowtech strings were better.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if I coud take any man with pink and purple strings seriously. Red and black looks good until the red fades to pink. Black and Blue or Black and Lime look sweet.
That's just Rowell, he doesn't care what others think. He already has pink fletchings and "My Little Pony" arrow wraps.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:29 PM

I hope your kidding.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt makes bows, not strings. Same with Bowtech. That is why Bear uses Winner's Choice strings. However, I am not a big fan of Winner's Choice because I thought that the Bowtech strings were better.
I Beg your Pardon! BowTech makes their strings in house

Dan
Old 11-23-2008, 07:09 AM
bigcountry

I still like winners choice. I like vapor too.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

I don't know if I coud take any man with pink and purple strings seriously. Red and black looks good until the red fades to pink. Black and Blue or Black and Lime look sweet.
That's just Rowell, he doesn't care what others think. He already has pink fletchings and "My Little Pony" arrow wraps.
Thats Hello Kitty wraps for your info!Don't be sooo jealous of my pink fletching...I'll send you some so you can be like me if you really want.

Quick Reply: Best custom strings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.