Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Best glue for Blazers? >

Best glue for Blazers?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best glue for Blazers?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best glue for Blazers?

So I just had a dozen arrows fletched up with blazers and a 2 deg offset. Well I get home and shoot the first 3 and the fletch pops off. So i stop and check the rest and 9, I repeat 9, out of the dozen have fletchings that didn't get a good contact to the shaft. Needless to say I am kinda PO. So I need to know what kinda glue you guys use for the best blazer adhesion (NOTE: I use wraps on my arrows). It seems to me that my guy used Elmers. I have never had a single fletching come of from this guy and am just befuddled.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:04 PM

Default RE: Best glue for Blazers?

Goat Tuff, Steel Bond, or Bohning Quantum XT.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Bohning Quantum XT is all I ever use now. I tried just about everything and I like it the best. Plus, I can get it at my shop instead of on the internet.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use Loc-Tite super Glue Gel. I can get it at Lowe's or Home Depot, its cheap, its tough, and it lasts. I use it on wrapped arrows, crested arrows , bare carbon, and aluminum. Also consider getting a fletching jig, (BITZ!), and doing it yourself. In the long run its cheaper and much more convenient. You'll also get a great sense of accomplishment doing it yourself.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:26 AM

That is very true. On the rare ocasion that I do fletch my own arrows, I feel pretty good about it. I don't own my own fletching kit, so I just use Gander's.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Goat tuff, it's expensive compared ot other glues but I tired pulling a blazer off a carbon shaftthe other day that was target damaged and it wouldn't come off, the vane just tore and I was pulling pretty dang hard.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 AM

I'll give goat tuff a try the next time I fletch. That is pretty cool. It's been a while since I used it, so maybe it has changed. IDK.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM

Bohning Platinum has been working great for me. Be sure that he dabbed the ends of the vane...
Old 11-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Bohning Platinum over an arrow wrap.

When it comes time to refletch, the vane will cause the wrap to tear before it will come unbonded.

I have yet to loose a vane with this combo. I have lost a few arrows, but that is a different issue altogether.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 PM

OK, I just took four of my arrows that the feathers wore out on.

I put an orange wrap on one and used the Bohning Platinum.
I put Bohning Platinum on a bare shaft.
I put an orange wrap on one and used Goat Tuff.
I put Goat Tuff on a bare shaft.

We will see how they come out the next time I go to shoot. I am going to take 15 shots with each and the try to rip them off. I'll let you know what I think is best. It might be a few days though.

Quick Reply: Best glue for Blazers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.