Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 whisker biscuit vs. fall away? >

whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 AM

Default RE: whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

I use the Dropzone. Never tried WB.
IMO fletching contact with rest is to be avoided.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 AM

I switched from a bisquit to a QAD just last week. i keep forgetting my Wrenches when I go to the range so I havent sighted it in yet....but i can tell you that it is tremendously more consistent.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 PM

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I personally prefer the simplicity of the WB for my hunting bows. When I'm in the field I don't want another possible failure point in an already overly complex system. The WB is there and working every shot without fail, nock the arrow set it in the rest and forget about it. And face it, you're not (or most shouldn't be) shooting past 40 yards anyway. I haven't noticed a bit of difference in accuracy or performance at ranges out to 50 yards. Beyond that I have to give the nod (and only by a very slight improvement) to the drop away. My target bows either have an old spring launcher or a drop away. Of the drop aways I think the QAD HD is my favorite to date but I hear good things about the Limb Driver.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

the problem i have with the wiker biscuit is that if i get a little peel up from my vane; the vane is halfway ripped off after 10 more shots. and it also seems to tear up vanes more(the wisker biscuit) i like the WB in that the arrow cant fall off and its simple and easy to usse
Old 11-17-2008, 06:52 PM

Make sure that your vanes have a dab of glue on the leading and trailing edges and you shouldn't have any problem with them lifting off. Some places do this and some don't. Mine are even helical fletched and stay put.

The QAD HD, and a few otherscan be locked in the up position so that the arrow is held in place until the shot, similar to the full capture of the WB.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:15 PM

You might also like the APA Ultimate Twiter Safari full capture rest. It's only $70.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Mossbergman: I am not sure if you are the kid asking about stabilizers but if you are and you are new to archery like you said -- do yourself a favor and stick with the wisker biscuit until you get comfortable shooting. I used a biscuit for a year and am going to a drop away just now on my 3rd year. Its easy and it does the job man. If you do decide to go to the drop away -- Ripcord, QAD, or Limbdriver.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:42 PM

I completely forgot about that angle. My bad. You might just want to stick to the WB until you get used to shooting. However, I saw some of your youtube videos and it looks like you can put a pretty tight group together. BTY the four wheeler on two was awesome. I think you're ready to upgrade, but you might want to consider that. Thanks to FSU. BTY I saw the game on Saturday. That sucks! I want to go to FSU to get my masters degree.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

so put glue on the very fron and back of feather?
i might buy a fall away like the ones reccommeded but im keeping my biscuit for the rest of hunting season and maybe switch in the offseason

haha thanks black stick. me and mossberghunter93 make videos and put them up on youtube

thanks everyone for all the help. greatly appreciated for a new guy in bowhunting
Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 PM

No problem.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.