Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 82nd Airborne and QAD Ultra Rest? >

82nd Airborne and QAD Ultra Rest?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

82nd Airborne and QAD Ultra Rest?

Old 11-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default 82nd Airborne and QAD Ultra Rest?

Hi
I have just bought the QAD Ultra Rest Hunter for my 82nd.

Is anyone using this rest on the 82nd and do they have any set up tips?

Should I be using the STD launcher or the longer launcher?

I will be using a D Loop and Release and the bow is 70lb @ 29 inches

Thanks
Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 82nd Airborne and QAD Ultra Rest?

Well I learned one lesson... Don't tighten the screws on the cable clamp too tightly or you will break the clamp [&o]

Not quite set up yet as waiting on a new clamp so still looking for tips????
Old 11-11-2008, 06:45 PM
bigcountry

If you can separate the strands of your cable, try to tie in your cable from the QAD. You don't have to use the clamp.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:34 PM

If you still have time to return it to the store, do it now because it will not drop fast enough for that speed demon. I tried one on mine and I have nearly the same specs as you. By the way, the 82nd is great. You should look at getting a Vapor Trail Limb Driver or an APA Ultimate Twister Safari. I think that the limb driver is a better rest, but I figured that if you liked the QAD, it is because it is a full capture drop away, which the APA is also. I have used them both on my 82nd and they work great. Much better than the QAD.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

I'm shooting the 82nd with a QD and it shoots great, the rest drops fast enough for my bow. specs 28", 61#
before you use the clamp, try to see if which launcher you prefer, one of the two will hit your riser when mounted, at least it did on mine.
I used the clamp and put it on losely, so when you draw back the bow it will slide into place and then you can tighten the screws.
Make sure that the launcher is in a 90 degree angle facing up, that way it drops fast enough.

F.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input guys

I have it installed with the standard launcher at present, but I think I am getting a little fletch contact as it drops.
Before I try the other launcher I will try changing my fletch alignment. I have been shooting cock vane out, so will probably try cock vane up and if I still get contact I will try the other launcher. What alignment are the people using it using?

Probably worth mentioning I am shooting FMJ's with 125 grain heads and 29 1/2 inch length, so it is a heavy set up and I doubt I would be getting anywhere near over 300fps out of it.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

If you still have time to return it to the store, do it now because it will not drop fast enough for that speed demon. I tried one on mine and I have nearly the same specs as you. By the way, the 82nd is great. You should look at getting a Vapor Trail Limb Driver or an APA Ultimate Twister Safari. I think that the limb driver is a better rest, but I figured that if you liked the QAD, it is because it is a full capture drop away, which the APA is also. I have used them both on my 82nd and they work great. Much better than the QAD.

There isn't a drop away rest made that will not drop quick enough for any bow on the market. The faster your bow shoots... the faster the rest will drop. If you rest isn't getting out of the way... then you are probably not setting it up correctly.

As to how to attach the cord to the cable... don't use that POS clamp... and don't run the cord through your cable either. I tie the same knot you tie for a D loop... and serve above and below the cord where it is tied in... that way you aren't compromising your cable... and you don't have to mess with that stupid clamp and those eye glass screws that will vibrate loose overtime and fall out and leave you screwed (or lack there of).

The boss is gone for the weekend... tomorrow I am going to bring my camera to work and I'll make a thread about how to properly set up and time a drop away rest. Who knows... maybe the UPS dude will have a bunch of new Hoyts for me to demo on tmw... been about a week... should be here any day.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie
As to how to attach the cord to the cable... don't use that POS clamp... and don't run the cord through your cable either. I tie the same knot you tie for a D loop... and serve above and below the cord where it is tied in.
That makes great sense to me!
I will set it up like that this weekend. Looking forward to your thread on setting up a dropaway.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 08:15 PM

Always shoot cock vane up on a drop away, always! BTY, I will be reading this thread about how to set drop aways up correctly. I'm pretty sure that I did it right, and after I had some problems with it, I took it to my local shop, where I am 99.99999% sure that they did it right. They do a great job on everything.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got the first half of the set-up thread posted. Going to eat some lunch and finish the rest of it. Plenty of pictures!

Quick Reply: 82nd Airborne and QAD Ultra Rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.