Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Have you ever seen this? >

Have you ever seen this?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Have you ever seen this?

Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Have you ever seen this?

I came across this video last night on YouTube and it has me thinking. I have never seen an arrow fletched in this manner, but it seems to make sense. Has anyone else tried this method and if so how did it work for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spp2kmI9784
Old 11-07-2008, 03:16 PM

Default RE: Have you ever seen this?

I have shot 3d and target years ago this way and it works great. I have never try it on hunting arrows but, I see no reason that i wouldn't work good it will stabilize the arrow quicker. Most of my hunting shots are at and under 30 yards and have no reason to put them on this way for hunting. My blazer work great with out staggering the vanes.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:03 AM

How do you figure out how much to off set them. This is very interesting and I would like to give it a try. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Sorry dstubb, not trying to hijack your thread.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot them as well with 3-d setups and I think they look cool but they are no better or worseimo than fletching the regular way.Even in the wind.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am not physics professor here but.... If the fletching is offset like that then the foward most fletch will have less control over the arrow than the middle fletch which will have less control over the arrow than the rear most fletch. If all three were fletched at the rear most position this would yield the most control over the arrow. You can't make a 2" fletch into a 4" fletch.

I think that is just a new fad with people that are self proclaimed experts.

TFOX, I agree with you on many many things but serously, they look cool????? Those things look retarded.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:48 PM

The guy who owns Schaffer Performance Archery (they make Schaffer rests and sights) uses a staggered fletch and he has killed trophy animals on just about every continent. You should see that wall of pictures in his store. Still, I think he would do just as well with all three at the back, but both ways work just fine. Personally, I shoot them all at the back because I shoot feathers and the short brace height of the 82nd would cause the feathers to rub on the rest when I draw.