Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow..what do I got? >

Bow..what do I got?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow..what do I got?

Old 10-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bow..what do I got?

OK I'm a bit lazy tonight after getting up at 5am to hunt and then taking the kids Trick Or Treating. I'll post a pic tomorrow if needed.

But: Since folks know I Bowhunt and target shoot, sometimes I get things people have no use for.

Someone just gave me an old Compound it's named a PACER and says Percision Shooting Equipment...Possibly an early PSE??
It has probably like a 40-41" ATA (again see lazy comment)

It has laminated (3) wooden limbs. and duel round cams..what does anyone know about this thing?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:13 AM

Default RE: Bow..what do I got?

You indeed have an old PSE Pacer. They were quite pricey in their day (which was the early 1980's) they were very forgiving, forward deflex riser with interchangeable grips. You could get a low, med, or hi wrist grip for them. They are very slow but forgiving. The limbs were amazingly strong and comparitively few of them delaminated. They had steel cables and dacron strings that wrapped around very small cams or "wheels" as there was very little cam action to it. They were 45% letoff if I remember correctly. Most said 50 buton a scale it was less. There were tricks to make it higher.Most were black but some did have an odd green/black camo pattern much like willow leaves.

You have a good plaything there. Not really of much value but would make a good nostalgiahunting bowor a fingers bow, should you decide you want to get rid of the release for some shooting. Would also make a fine bowfishing rig.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks DryRidge you describe it perfectly. Actually I was talking to this person and said I wanted an old Rig for Bowfishing and that's when he said..I may have one for you...

The bow still looks pretty for being so old..He even gave me the shooting glove...this will be fun to play with! Thanks for the great info!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent info dryridge!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:44 AM

Thanks Guys, I used to be a PSE dealer back in the day.

Enjoy your new toy!!!