Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 cable slide noise >

cable slide noise

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cable slide noise

Old 10-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Spike

Default cable slide noise

My cable slide has just recently starting making noise when drawing back. what do you guys recomend to solve this problem, replace it or is there an oil you use??
Old 10-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cable slide noise

I had that happen once before but my bow had gotten real sandy and I didn't clean it good enough (I never clean it).....Anyway, I wound up having to go with a roller b/c it was all scratched up from the sand....Other than that, I never have had any issues and everything I had tried before changing the slide out didn't work!!!!! Good luck with it.....If it isn't scratched up, try rubbing your face where your nose meets your face and then rub the slide with the oil off your face....Sounds weird but it works!!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 05:52 PM

For $10, I've been very happy with the SVL cable slide. 100% pure teflon, and slick as snot on a broomhandle.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

what is your cable rod made out of ?? I wipe mine off with alcohol once in awhile, and even sometimes after cleaning it, I'd wipe some car wax on it if I knew I was gonna be in the rain.

ORIGINAL: Flboarhunter

My cable slide has just recently starting making noise when drawing back. what do you guys recomend to solve this problem, replace it or is there an oil you use??
Old 10-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe try some jig- a- loo silicon spray.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow string wax.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Spike

awesome ideas, my cable rod is made of carbon and I can see where the slide has put a worn spot(not as shiny)on the rod. This is the first time i have had this problem,but figured it is a somewhat common problem.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

i had this problem once the bottom cam leaned, got it fixed 30 shots later the bow twisted
Old 10-26-2008, 06:10 PM

While I generally agree with SwampCollie and defer to him on lots of issues....I have found that Bowsting wax on carbon rods can make the issue worse. (Carbon Wax can work but not sure how many of you have the "carbon wax")

I like the Jig-a-loo suggestion. I also like Graphite Lock Lubricant. And this all after you clean it thoroughly with alcohol.

A new silicone slide will work also but again, clean the rod.

This should fix it,

Dryridge
Old 10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dryridge

While I generally agree with SwampCollie and defer to him on lots of issues....I have found that Bowsting wax on carbon rods can make the issue worse. (Carbon Wax can work but not sure how many of you have the "carbon wax") [snip]

Dryridge

Yes, it can in some cases. Quite correct. But I will say that its a cheap effective bandaide, and I probably should have noted it as such. It may only work for 6 or 7 draws of the bow before wearing off, but if you are 10 minutes from hitting the woods.... it might save a spooked deer until you can get a perminant solution worked out. Just tuck it away for a just in case....

And also, as Dave pointed out... the type of wax you use will have a major impact on your success. Its one of the few applications I like that green lettered silicone wax for. I'm unaware of the "carbon wax" myself. DR is going to have to enlighten me again

Quick Reply: cable slide noise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.