Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight >

Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight

Old 10-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight

Just purchase a new HHA Optimizer 5000 sight and found out my Treelimb Premium quiver does not fitover the sight because of the windage knob. Was thinking I could put an extra spacer on the mounting post to make it stick out further. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight

Thats exactly what you'll need to do. Most bow shops will have a coffee can full of spacers and screws of various sizes. In the past, I have even had to manufacture spacers out of (brilliant really) cut down pieces of carbon arrow shafts. Trick is not breaking the shaft..... but there are plenty of spacers made specifically for what you trying to accomplish.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Which HHA are you talking about? They make several different 5000 series sights.

All of the HHA sights come with a quiver mounting bracket that allows you to mont the quiver over the adjustment arm.

I have the DSXL5519 and had to use the Kwikee riser bracket behind the sight and mount the quiver on it above the sight. It worked out really well. It gets the ends of the arrows above the cam and moves the quiver back a couple of inches.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ever thoughtabout using ahip quiver? Just an idea. good luck
Derek
Old 10-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I found the spacers that came with the sight. Just now I have to find longer screws. Gotta head to Lowes tomorrow. Do not really like the quiver to sit that high off the riser but that is all I can do. Called a Mathews dealer because I have that brand of bow and all he could tell me was that the Mathews quiver mounts on the riser and not on the sight.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is how I have mine mounted on the Kwikee riser bracket.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another

Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Last one

Old 10-23-2008, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Bigbulls, That is an interesting setup for your quiver. So you took the mounting bracket for your old quiver and just installedthe Treelimb on it. Any othr ideas ifyou do not have the Kwikee Bracket?
Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

So you took the mounting bracket for your old quiver and just installedthe Treelimb on it.
No, The high rise bracket is a seaperate thing all togetherand does not come with any of the Kwikee kwivers.

I wanted to use the TL premium and this was by far the best option. It gets the quiver up higher to allow the nocks of your arrows to be inside the length of the bow and it also moves the quiver to the rear closer to you and you can also mount it at an angle as I have done rather than straight up and down. The HHA has plenty windage adjustment built into it so the bracket behind the sight wasn't a problem.

Quick Reply: Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.