Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quick Question

Old 10-20-2008, 11:05 AM

Default Quick Question

If I shoot around 100 shots a week from Jan to Sept and then say 50 a week from Oct to Dec...and I keep the string waxed when should I change the string?? I have noticed some fray in the cables but on in two little spots....
Old 10-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Quick Question

Yearly.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Spike

buy quick question mugs, tshirts and magnets
The plea occasionally comes from a pain in the ass office worker who is clueless and wants help desperately. He does not have a "quick question." The question is not the issue: he usually requires a quick answer that is not easily given. He gives the appearance of knowing what he is talking about but needs a tutorial on how to load a stapler. This guy (sorry men: this stupid question normally does not come from a woman) is not long for the company if he asks this kind of **** all the time. The worst offenders will use "air quotes" when asking a "quick question."
===========
disfunzione erettile rimedi
Woodbury Vein Clinic
Old 01-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Quity666
buy quick question mugs, tshirts and magnets
The plea occasionally comes from a pain in the ass office worker who is clueless and wants help desperately. He does not have a "quick question." The question is not the issue: he usually requires a quick answer that is not easily given. He gives the appearance of knowing what he is talking about but needs a tutorial on how to load a stapler. This guy (sorry men: this stupid question normally does not come from a woman) is not long for the company if he asks this kind of **** all the time. The worst offenders will use "air quotes" when asking a "quick question."
===========
disfunzione erettile rimedi
Woodbury Vein Clinic
What the hell are you talking about? The man asked a valid question or did I miss something?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

BG - I think Mrs. 666 is a Troll just looking to start an argument. (german or sweedish I think)

Va - Sorry I can't help with your question, but the one who did chime in say yearly - I hope he is wrong cause nice strings ain't freakin cheap!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JNTURK
BG - I think Mrs. 666 is a Troll just looking to start an argument. (german or sweedish I think)

Va - Sorry I can't help with your question, but the one who did chime in say yearly - I hope he is wrong cause nice strings ain't freakin cheap!
Yeah well, that's what I thought too, but I like to let people explain themselves. You never know. They just might be saying something my feeble mind isn't picking up.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Yeah well, that's what I thought too, but I like to let people explain themselves. You never know. They just might be saying something my feeble mind isn't picking up.
Nah, your feeble mind was working just fine....She was just speaking hog wash.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is suggested that for "normal" shooting, the shooter should change the string yearly and the harness system atleast every other year. However, if you shoot a lot, it's my suggestion that your strin system bereplaced EVERY YEAR. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 01-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think the #2 post was meant to be somewhere else lol..

if its frayin, replace it immediatly .dont wait. how long have you had that string..thats at the maximum amount of time you should wait(if its frayin i believe you said it was). how long has it been?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

If you can please shoot your bow more often!! Even at 100 shots a week is very little, do what you can to get good at what we love. Now if your string is more than 4 yrs old, it has probably stretched and may be starting to dry rot. Even when strings look good and "new" they need to be changed when old or shot a lot.

Quick Reply: Quick Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.