Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why Aluminum and Carbon (A/C/C) >

Why Aluminum and Carbon (A/C/C)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why Aluminum and Carbon (A/C/C)

Old 10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default Why Aluminum and Carbon (A/C/C)

I shoot and have shot Easton A/C/C's for the past 7 years and absoluteley LOVE them...and still shoot some of the originals that I had back then. I have since went from single to a family of 5 and possibly #6 coming next year. (IM DONE AFTER THAT!) and money doesn't go as far as it once did. A/C/C's being around $120 bare boned give or take $10 depending on source. My question is....WHY are they worth the price? I mean I love them and made the switch from aluminum to the A/C/C, as the straight carbons hadn't made their footprint in the archery world that heavily at the time. What advantages do the aluminum carbon composite arrows pose over traditional carbon arrows?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why Aluminum and Carbon (A/C/C)

You answered your own question,you are still using some of the originals.

I am becoming a big fan of the FMJ's and for hunting,I am starting to like them better than the ACC's.A little cheaper but,you could still use aluminums and do just fine if funds deem it necessary.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

lol well i got the funds...its just a matter of me convencing the other half that we need them more than new curtains, blinds, car, clothes, etc etc ....then again she knows nothing of archery and i think that i could just tell her theyre cheaper than the other arrows
Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

Any advantage or disadvantages?
Old 10-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Hey TFOX....how durable are those FMJ's compared to a regular aluminum arrow as far as bending goes?

ORIGINAL: TFOX

You answered your own question,you are still using some of the originals.

I am becoming a big fan of the FMJ's and for hunting,I am starting to like them better than the ACC's.A little cheaper but,you could still use aluminums and do just fine if funds deem it necessary.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

and dents and dings
Old 10-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

Hey TFOX....how durable are those FMJ's compared to a regular aluminum arrow as far as bending goes?

Forgive my intrusion/interruption on this one fox, but I'd like to throw my .02 cents in on the durability of FMJs....

As far as bending goes due to front-end impacts.... they are awesome... as tough as they come.

HOWEVER, in my experience (and most arrows are this way), when it comes to side impact, or side pressure, I think that they are about on par with standard aluminums. Same goes for dings and dents treed.

I had a boot of mine fall off the ottoman at the hunt club onto one of my 400 FMJs last year. Regular old uninsulated lacrosse rubber boot from about 18" of height.... and it flattened that arrow like a weak drink straw trying to suck up a thick milkshake.

I did make one or two "bad" shots last season, one on a bobcat and one on a buck... both were clean misses, but both times there were bends in the arrow from bouncing off limbs or sticks or something before coming to a stop. They are tougher than standard aluminums in my opinion, but certainly not tougher than modern carbons... but they are balanced well, fly tremedously well, and hit like a nail out of high pressured roofing gun.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 AM

If you are concerned about the cost of Easton's ACC's, you should look at Gold Tip's CAA's. They are the same arrow with the aluminum on the inside and the carbon on the outside.A dozen arrows with custom fletching and inserts cost me a little less than $100. If you shop around, you could probably get an even better deal. This was from a local bow shop with medium range prices. So far, I love them. They are very durable and remain straight and true.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks. Ive just been curious. I like to change things around occasionally...just because...on my bow....but the more I think about it, the more I think Ill just stick with a/c/c. Awesome arrows worth the money imho. I may look further into it though, for something lighter, but who knows. I guess I just talked myself out of a switch
Old 10-16-2008, 07:23 PM

Honestly, to get the same consistency from arrow to arrow you are getting with ACC's, you will end up spending $100+ anyway. Even then, I still feel the ACC's are a better arrow. I have the the gold labels for most of the big name carbons out there, and they just don't stack up to the consistency of the ACC's.

jmac

Quick Reply: Why Aluminum and Carbon (A/C/C)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.