Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 F@#$@n whisker biscuit >

F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Old 10-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Need a drop away rest. Just my opinion.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although I don't shoot a WB I've tried one. The only thing I experienced is some vane wrinkle. Could be improper prepping of the shaft or lack of spot-gluing (both ends). Then again it could be "not so good tuning". Maybe the shafts aren't going through the WB perfectly perpendicular.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wipe the bottom of the shaft with acetone, wipe the base of the vane with acetone, use Bohning Platinum Fletch Tite, and dot the front and back of the Blazer vane with a bit of glue and they will be fine. I've hunted with the biscuit for a while now and never had problems.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:14 PM

It's not the WB. It's either a lack of glue on the front and back ends of the vane or a really bad tuning issue. Too many people (including myself) use the WB successfully for this to be an inherent problem with the rest.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 PM

I don't shoot one, but I've heard people say they cut away some of the hairs (fibers, whatever the proper term is) where their fletchings pass through for less resistance.

Maybe this would help? I don't know what to tell you, I shoot a limb driver, and it's probably the last rest I will ever buy, it is absolutely outstanding.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Super Glue Gel and drop on both ends should take care of problem.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:18 PM

What about setting the rest loose so it goes with the vanes? That way you get no damage to the blazers.

Just kidding... I would give Octane Hostage or similiar a go. Drop away seems another good option.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

i got a WB on my old bow and my nephew has one on his for 5 years...and its never done that....dont sound to me like the shop thats fletching them knows what they are doing......when i do mine i take off all of the old fletching and glue....take a small piece of scotch brite and scuff up the area that the fletchings are going on...clean it with 91% Alchol....then fletch them up....and you have to put a drop of glue on the front of the vane or its gonna come off....i put one on the front and back..might be a little much but i havent ever had one come off yet
Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You've been given some excellent advise in gluing your fletchings a lil bit "heavier" at ends. some of us encountered that problem as well as excessive drag/noise/interference while using wb. A solution we came up with was to thin out the bristles a little bit. VERY carefully,selectively cut some of the bristles around the circumference so there won't be as much contact with your vanes. Be careful and do this a tiny bit at a time as you can always cut more bristles off but impossible to put them back on if you cut too many.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Spike

If you like plastic vanes I would try the Shrink Fletch System. I had problems with my WB so I went to feathers and haven't had a single problem since.

Quick Reply: F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.