HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   F@#$@n whisker biscuit (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/266757-f-n-whisker-biscuit.html)

Mallardkiller 10-06-2008 06:36 PM

F@#$@n whisker biscuit

frigin thing has ripped my blazers off all but one arrow, and i got them refletched 2 both times at a different shop, any suggestions.

Tumabuck 10-06-2008 06:56 PM

RE: F@#$@n whisker biscuit

a drop away rest? Sorry, never liked the biscuit any. Tear up your fletching and noisey on the draw.

early in 10-06-2008 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Mallardkiller

frigin thing has ripped my blazers off all but one arrow, and i got them refletched 2 both times at a different shop, any suggestions.
I've been shooting with a Biscuit for 6 years and NEVER had a vane come off an arrow. I shoot 4" vanes that I refletched myself, and have never had a problem. They can make some noise when drawing though, depending on the finish on the arrow.

pheasantfanatic 10-06-2008 07:26 PM

Put an extra drop of glue at the front and back of your fletchings. That is what I do and I have no problems with my WB ripping them off.

liquidorange 10-06-2008 07:34 PM

its gotta be set up wrong.

ebaybow 10-06-2008 07:41 PM

I had the same problem this year with arrows fletched w/ 4" vanes.
I'd like to help you out with your problem.
Drop tine rest, problem solved!

jemrami9 10-06-2008 08:26 PM

Never had my fletchings get torn off using a fall away either...... Plus its dead quiet. Too each his own however..

Roskoe 10-06-2008 08:35 PM

As mentioned previously, you need a drop of fletching cement at the front and rear of each fletch. Any competent shop should know this. Otherwise, you have some sort of tuning or clearance problem. Going to a drop away may solve your problem with the veins coming off, but there is still most likelysomething not right here with your setup.

PITBULL2888 10-07-2008 07:49 AM

i had the same thing happen to me, so i let my shop flech them and they use a epoxy and they aint come off yet, you caint even pull them off

Mikey S. 10-07-2008 08:00 AM

Build your own deer missles man. Then you don't have to depend on some kid at a shop ruining your huntint time. It's easy. Get a decent jig, some blazer wraps, some good glue and go to town. They won't come off.

Shoot odd vane up with that rest, the bottom black bristles are tougher than the brown ones. You dont' want vanes hitting the black bristles.

ORIGINAL: Mallardkiller