Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Two ?'s

Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 PM

Default Two ?'s

I've been out of archery for the last four years so looking for some input on two things, peep sights and broadhead (not 3D) targets. Thanks! Harry
Old 10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Two ?'s

Peep sights: There are really three styles in use these days.... three splitters peeps, two split (Fletcher) style peeps, and tru-sligning peeps that use stretch tube to pull square at full draw.

Three splitters are becoming more and more scarce... they are relatively hard to see through clearly. Not my recommendation.

Lots of folks like the tru-aligning style because they don't have to worry about drawing back on a deer and having a peep be twisted to the side. But they have that tube attached, which slows you down, makes some noise, and dry rots every year.... just wait until one breaks and hits you in the eye at full draw.

My pick is the fletcher style... there are some new ones made of magneisum by G5 that are fairly popular (I think they suck, but the design is good). I like the flat black aluminum made by Fletcher. If you have a good string on your bow, and are using a D Loop, then your peep should pull square every time. Any bow technition worth his allen key set will be able to make this happen with little to no trouble.

As for broadhead targets, I like the Carbon Six shooter and the Yellow Jacket. Six shooter gives you the option of shooting field points also, just don't make the mistake of shooting field point into the broadhead side.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

I agree that the fletcher style peep is better. It comes in various diameters depending on what you need, and you dont have to worry about broken tubing.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Spike

I really like the No-Peep. I have used it for 5 years now and wouldn't use anything else-really great for low light shooting as you don't have to try to see thru a peep. With my bifoculs and aging eyes it really helps. Also it forces you to shoot exactly the same way every time. Any change in form shows up immediately. Broadheads-love them thunderhead 125's. Been around for a long time!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 AM

I just put a g5 metapeep hunter series (3/16" diameter i believe) on my bow this year. Love it, it's quiet, my groups improved and i dont have to worry about that dang peep tube breaking when i go to full draw like it did last year! However, i dont shoot a d-loop so i put a tru-peep aligner on it to, i have had a chance to shoot on a chrono but my bow is quieter and shoots faster now. My neighbor also experienced the same effects.