Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 03-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-19-2003, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How does cold weather effect your bow?

I shoot my bow all year long, and I' ve never seen a change, at least at hunting ranges, from one temperature to another.
Charlie
Old 03-19-2003, 06:14 PM

I hunt a whole range of temps, early elk maybe into the eightys, late deer may get to single digits. I can' t say I have noticed any preformance change in my equiptment. Where I do notice changes is in the amount of clothes one may have to wear in colder climates, arm guards, and chest protectors maybe in order to prevent interference with the bow string, when wearing bulky clothes.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am no stranger to cold weather and found out that on a scale 1-10, being 10 the most effected, I would say that your bow will be below a number 1, however your personal condition in such weather will be a 10 on that scale. Your bow will handle the cold a lot better than you. If your uncomfy and shakeing, I don' t know how you can shoot any bow. I would be more concerned on how your going to handle the cold, your bow will do just fine, just stay away from drop-away rests or expandables, less moveing parts the better.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:26 PM

When I turned my bow way down, to see if my wife could pull it, I noticed in the morning I' d shoot high, like it had more " umph" and speed. Felt tight.

By afternoon and the heat, it would be right back on the 30 and 40 yard pins.

I have it cranked back up now, and it isn' t noticable, if it happens at all now.

Heat makes things expand.

This morning it was cool out. With my new no-peep. it told me my first time to pull the bow back something wasn' t right. I pulled harder on the wall and it brought it right in. After about 4 shots it was right on without the need to stretch the wall.