Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Feedback on my form updated... >

Feedback on my form updated...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Feedback on my form updated...

Old 09-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Default Feedback on my form updated...

After posting a pick of my form, and getting some feedback. I changed some things and would like an update. Here is the original photo:

I raised my peep, relaxed my grip and started using mainly the webbing between thumb and first finger. I have shortened my release, so that the trigger is closer to my index finger, and attempted to not lock my bow arm elbow quite as tight. Do you see improvement in the second pic?

It is actually a little bit of an optical illusion having the lines of the siding behind me, but someone also suggested to raise my whisker biscuit a little.Does it appear that I need to? Thanks for the input guys, NRA
Old 09-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Feedback on my form updated...

Forget about moving the rest. It has nothing to do with your form. If the bow is tuned with it where it is then leave it alone.

You are still stretched out way too far with the right arm. The bow's draw length is too long. You take a look at the picture and see if you see what I'm saying. From the elbow of the right arm right through the wrist should form a straight line. The knuckle where your right index finger joins the hand should be tuckedright under your ear lobe, right behind the jaw bone.

I'm going to suggest that you log onto www.archerytalk.com and look up some posts by Nuts&Bolts. Do a search on "shooting form" and see what you find. N&B posts with some very good pictures that might help.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:34 PM

How long is too long? It is a 29 inch draw, what should it be in your opinion? Everyone seemed to think the draw length was okay in the original post. Thanks, NRA
Old 09-13-2008, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think the improvement is well. i agree with the guy who said dl is probably too long. maybe cut your draw a little bit and you should be solid. your anchor looks way better adn your hand looks more natural. i think if you do decide to shorten your draw and then do everything basically the same your result will be good form and alignment. good improvement though
Old 09-13-2008, 04:39 AM

Do I need to go down to a 28inch draw?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Your draw length is definitely too long. Your wrist is cocked in and up position instead of being in a straight line from your elbow to your finger tips. Also look at where your d loop is situated on your face , the apex of the d loop is at least a half inch behind your eye, it should be even with your eye. With your beard it is hard to see exactly how long your draw is but it is defintely long by at least a half inch.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would suggest a release like the Truball xtra which would be much shorter than what you're currently using. Then, you might not have to sacrifice draw length. You anchor point is so far back because the release is very long.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at your own picture. See the knuckle of your index finger under your ear? Well, you need to shorten up enough that the next joint is where that one is or maybe a hair shorter than that. A shorter release would help you by leaps and bounds. I think the bow is about 1/2"-3/4" too long, but most of your "overstretching" is from the bowstring back through the right arm, meaning release and maybe the loop (can't see it that well). Right now the net effect of everything is that you are overstretched by about 2".

The bowhand does look better, by the way.

And please don't takethis personal, but your situation is very common.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Look at your own picture. See the knuckle of your index finger under your ear? Well, you need to shorten up enough that the next joint is where that one is or maybe a hair shorter than that. A shorter release would help you by leaps and bounds. I think the bow is about 1/2"-3/4" too long, but most of your "overstretching" is from the bowstring back through the right arm, meaning release and maybe the loop (can't see it that well). Right now the net effect of everything is that you are overstretched by about 2".

The bowhand does look better, by the way.

And please don't takethis personal, but your situation is very common.
I am not offended at all! I was asking for help, and you all were kind enough to give it. Perhaps I will either get a 28 inch draw, or a shorter release and have the shop shorten the d loop. I will post pics when I make the changes. Thanks again, NRA
Old 09-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Start with a shorter release,I believe that will solve many of your issues.

Quick Reply: Feedback on my form updated...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.