Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 buck blaster broadheads >

buck blaster broadheads

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

buck blaster broadheads

Old 09-07-2008, 04:46 PM

Default buck blaster broadheads

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the buckblaster broadheads and what type of success you might of had. any input would be appreciated.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: buck blaster broadheads

You had better be pushing a hellacious amount of KE if you are going to use those heads. IMHO, with that much cutting surface if you are under 80-85ft-lbs of KE then you probably don't want to mess with them.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

You had better be pushing a hellacious amount of KE if you are going to use those heads. IMHO, with that much cutting surface if you are under 80-85ft-lbs of KE then you probably don't want to mess with them.
i was thinking the same thing when i saw them a while back i mean 3 fixed blades and 3 over the top expandables if my math is right that is 6 blades so if u figure out how thick the blades are uhhh......... dont mess with them on a deer first shoot a foam block and compare them to anothe broad heads penetration
Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

A buddy of mine shot them for 3 or 4 years. He killed several deer with them. I was there for many of the kills and my assessment is this ... the expandable blades are pretty flimsy and, more times than not, 2 or all of them would shear off somewhere on or in the deer. Penetration didn't appear to be an issue, at least on whitetails. He was shooting a Hoyt with Command Cams at about 65 lbs using 2314 aluminum arrows about 30 inches long. Lethality was not a problem, but a good hit is a good hit and a marginal hit is a marginal hit, no matter what broadhead you are shooting.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:53 AM

thanks for your input I think I'll stick with my 2 blade 100 gr. they have never let me down. thanks