Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Building a paper tuning stand... >

Building a paper tuning stand...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Building a paper tuning stand...

Old 09-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Building a paper tuning stand...

I have one just like the bigbulls picture and it was less than $15 (I'm pretty sure). One long piece of 1/2 pvc pipe, 6 T-joints and 2 elbow joints. I don't glue it togehter so I can break it down and store it if I want. What I usually do is turn the feet sideways and lean against the wall, out of the way.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 AM

A cardboard box with holes cut in it to put paper over and allow arrow to pass will work just fine. Cheap Too! And you can store your paper and tape in the box.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

I built one too out of PVC and I have'nt got $20.00( including a roll of paper) into mine.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rynigner

Hey All,
I'm building a paper tuning stand so I can tune at home, obviously... Do you guys use and particular paper?

Thanks,
R
Amazing that no one actually read the question.

I use freezer paper.[8D]
Old 09-27-2008, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: glockman55

I built one too out of PVC and I have'nt got $20.00( including a roll of paper) into mine.
where did you find the roll of paper?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

The local bow shop also uses freezer paper.

I used to make the young boys that followed my daughters home hold up a piece of paper over there heads or tape a piece of paper knee cap to shin stretched to the other knee cap and shin and tell 'em to stand still. I also used to tell them to take this apple and go to the back yard, hold the apple between the knees and stand still. They never listen! Always have to do it the hard way by running. Now my daughters are all grown up, one's married, (He stood REAL still ) and the youngest moved out so I haven't "tuned" for awhile. I guess I could build me a paper tuner like ya all, but it just doesn't look to be as much fun. Where's the challenge?

Old 10-03-2008, 06:54 PM

I use a wire clothes hangerstuck inan old arrow shaft. Cutthe hangerand form a football upright. I use parchment paper, but notebook paperwill work ok. Just staple or tape the paper to the upright and stick 'er in the ground. Works for me.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

I use a roll of paper, type they use to lay on partytables, thin and stiff sort of paper.
My papertune rig is two extractable showercurtain rods stuck inbetween the door of my storageroom . Cost me 12 dollars total.

Frank
Old 10-12-2008, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: rynigner

Hey All,
I'm building a paper tuning stand so I can tune at home, obviously... Do you guys use and particular paper?

Thanks,
R
Amazing that no one actually read the question.

I use freezer paper.[8D]
Yea i know right TFOX. I also use freezer paper.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:35 AM

I'm not sold on paper-tuning for my own purposes, because I have the space to do a walkback and then throw on some BH's and tweak, which is what most guys end up doing after paper-tuning anyhow. ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr
I agree with that. I used to paper tune and that was it, not it's a paper tune just to get it close, then a walkback and bh tune.

Good luck with your endeavors. I use freezer paper to shoot through, but have used almost every kind of paper imaginable with success. Don't use wallpaper though, the drywall seems to keep the fletchings from tearing holes (and the arrows are really hard to get out if you hit a stud)

Quick Reply: Building a paper tuning stand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.