Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt HavocTec

Old 03-12-2003, 09:27 PM

Default Hoyt HavocTec

Anyone shooting the new Hoyt HavocTec. I wanted to shoot it to compare to the RazorTec, but I am not sure I like the balance. There is no recoil but the aftershot the top axel likes to fall back into you rather that away. Wanted some feed back from those who shoot it. It was only about 4fps slower than the RazorTec.

I had a 6" stabalizer on it, would a sight help balance it out?
Does it shoot well at 30 plus yards, hold steady and all that good stuff.

I think I am set on the RazorTec unless some of you have some goog news on the HavocTec. I think the shorter ATA of the HavocTec would be a plus for tight quater hunting.

Thanks
UpNorth
Old 03-13-2003, 04:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hoyt HavocTec

I have not tried a 2003 Havoctec but I did have a 2002 model and unless I am mistaken there is not any difference other than the cam system. I would agree with your assessment about the balance and would suggest experimenting with some different stabilizers/weight combinations to see which works best for the bow. If it continues to tip backwards with your current stabilizer suggestion then you should probably look for a stabilizer with adjustable weights or that has more of a " weight forward" design to it.

As for accuracy, I had no problem shooting relatively accurately out in the 30-40 yard range with the bow. The major concern here would be canting the bow clockwise or counterclockwise and a bowsight level would remedy that situation.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:07 AM

I had a 2002 Havoctec. When I tried out the 2003 Razortec I promptly sold the Havoctec and bought the Razortec. It is more forgiving as far as ATA and is more accurate. It balances with a 7.5" Doinker . I' m very happy I bought the Razortec.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

I feel the havoctec is a very nice bow, and it has it' s place in the hoyt lineup, but i really like my razortec.
I owned 2 2002 havoctecs with versacam, they were real good shooters.
I feel it depends on what you are going to do with it, hunt, 3-d etc.
If you are going to hunt in real tight quarters the havoctec will probably a little better.
my next bow is either going to be another razor, or havoctec, or maybe a cybertec.
It' s tough to make up my mind, but thats the fun of it!
I think you will be happy with either bow you pick.