Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Just got my new bow. >

Just got my new bow.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Just got my new bow.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Just got my new bow.

Just got a new Mathews S2. I got a three pin sight when I bought it. Should I have gotten a five pin. Right now I'm shooting 0-30 yards with pin 1, 35-45 with pin 2, and 50-60 with pin 3. Does any won else shoot like this with there yardage.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Just got my new bow.

Hey deerhunter729,sounds to me if you getting 60yds with three pins, maybe i should have got the S2 instead of DXT. Or you got way more pounds than me .Or a magic bow.I only shoot around 54-55 lbs. I get to 20yd with pin 1. 30-pin2 40-pin3 50-pin4 60-pin5. If your getting these yardages consistantly, I wouldnt change a thing.
Steve.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:55 PM

Currently I have a 5 pin, I wish I had a four. I dont even use my bottom pin as I will never attempt a shot out to 60 yds. Personal preference though.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
bigcountry

Not sure if this is a technical post. But I would only use 2 or maybe 3 pins. When I was a kid, I would put 5 pins on. But sooner or later, all those pins will confuse you. Less is better here.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:31 AM

What BigCountry Said!

For Many years I used a single moveable pin. Didn't ever move it much unless I had lots of time. I set it for 15 yrds and knew how to hit a tiny spot up to 30 and that is far enough for an eastern hunter. Don't shoot at a live animal any further than you can judge yardage IN THE FIELD and hit a 6" Circle 100% of the time. That will take care of most of our pins right there!

I did however have it marked up to 100yrds for practice and fun shooting. Also, I used to practice at 30-50 yds all the time and that made 30and under seem like a chip shot.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Spike

I'm calling man law. Where's the pic?