Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 i hate carbon arrows >

i hate carbon arrows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

i hate carbon arrows

Old 08-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Default RE: i hate carbon arrows

[8D][:'(], . Alum. on the way!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have fun bending them after you get them all nice and tuned....I was almost ready to go back to alums but a friend of mine just did go back to them and realized why he left. He has out of twelve left and its not like he misses.....the facts are that alums bend and carbons don't...I will work with the carbons everytime.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Aluminums aren't bad or evil. We shouldn't criticize someone for wanting to use them or feeling more comfortable with them. I killed I don't know how many critters with them. Where in the hell would we be right now without the advent of aluminum arrows. I'll tell ya; using wood. SS2000 has obviously used them for quite some time successfully, and he is going to continue to be successful with them.

SS2000, I think you've just had a bad experience with some pre-made arrows. If you ever feel like giving carbons a try again, just order the shafts without inserts installed (you can have them fletched if you like) and then give me a PM. We'll get those things spinning true without a problem through PM's.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Snood Slapper

Aluminums aren't bad or evil. We shouldn't criticize someone for wanting to use them or feeling more comfortable with them. I killed I don't know how many critters with them. Where in the hell would we be right now without the advent of aluminum arrows. I'll tell ya; using wood. SS2000 has obviously used them for quite some time successfully, and he is going to continue to be successful with them.

SS2000, I think you've just had a bad experience with some pre-made arrows. If you ever feel like giving carbons a try again, just order the shafts without inserts installed (you can have them fletched if you like) and then give me a PM. We'll get those things spinning true without a problem through PM's.
Hey you said it Snood Slapper.
You know, i thought about saying sorry or something like that, being a newby to this site. But then after some thought, i said no,thats crazy. Where in the world the guy that said i came on a little strong got that from i have no idea. Maybe he makes carbon arrows and i really scared him????
Thats part of why i've read the posts far more than ive commented or asked a question on here. These guys get little stars under there name and they think what they say is the gospel. Now i know this will prob. get a long post back about why i have the problem, but come on i ask about getting your broad head true, inline with your arrows. Then i get told i probably have " cheep arrows, not spined correctly, dont know how to spin them, probably do it on my fingers, and over all just dont know what i am doing.
And i came on alittle strong. Give me a break. Why do you think so many folks switched to mechanical broads, They dont have to do hardly any tuning at all. But i cant say this for sure as i have never used them either.I hate mechanical broads as well.Ha Ha Ha!!!! No i think some of you need to lighten up and read the original post before you go off chashing the wrong rabbit. And to all the folks who gave some real good suggestions, i think you and will probably will have to realy you for any more questions cuse these other guys will prob. never talk to me again. That is after they reply to this.Well thanks again for the good ideas, And hey i have 3 pages on this post now, little ol me. Whooed of ever thunk it.Hey Snood Slapper thanks, and the first deer i ever killed was with a port oxford cedar shaft.
Thanks, Steve
Old 08-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think most folks have abandoned the conceptof tuning broadheads to alignment with fletchings.
Perhaps you maybe right but, not me I like tuning them that one reason why as well as arrow wieght that I stick with aluminum..
Welcome to the forums SS2000!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Have fun bending them after you get them all nice and tuned....I was almost ready to go back to alums but a friend of mine just did go back to them and realized why he left. He has out of twelve left and its not like he misses.....the facts are that alums bend and carbons don't...I will work with the carbons everytime.
Yes, but at least they will be in specs out of the box where as a lot of carbons will not be. And carbons do bend/warp and break. I never ruined an aluminum that would not have also ruined a carbon. I have had carbons warp on me after shooting them a lot though. Never had an aluminum wear out on me yet. And I used to shoot around 300 arrows a day.

I have also never seen picture of an aluminum arrow sticking out of someones hand because it exploded on release either.

And you can straighten aluminum arrows if you want to, try that with a carbon.

The truth is aluminum arrows are still the better technology as far as quality control and consistency for the price. Carbons are just lighter is all, which is what made them popular to begin with.

Paul
Old 08-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SS2000

ORIGINAL: Snood Slapper

Hey you said it Snood Slapper.
You know, i thought about saying sorry or something like that, being a newby to this site. But then after some thought, i said no,thats crazy. Where in the world the guy that said i came on a little strong got that from i have no idea. Maybe he makes carbon arrows and i really scared him????
Thats part of why i've read the posts far more than ive commented or asked a question on here. These guys get little stars under there name and they think what they say is the gospel. Now i know this will prob. get a long post back about why i have the problem, but come on i ask about getting your broad head true, inline with your arrows. Then i get told i probably have " cheep arrows, not spined correctly, dont know how to spin them, probably do it on my fingers, and over all just dont know what i am doing.
And i came on alittle strong. Give me a break. Why do you think so many folks switched to mechanical broads, They dont have to do hardly any tuning at all. But i cant say this for sure as i have never used them either.I hate mechanical broads as well.Ha Ha Ha!!!! No i think some of you need to lighten up and read the original post before you go off chashing the wrong rabbit. And to all the folks who gave some real good suggestions, i think you and will probably will have to realy you for any more questions cuse these other guys will prob. never talk to me again. That is after they reply to this.Well thanks again for the good ideas, And hey i have 3 pages on this post now, little ol me. Whooed of ever thunk it.Hey Snood Slapper thanks, and the first deer i ever killed was with a port oxford cedar shaft.
Thanks, Steve
You stood up in a crowd and said something, the crowd responded. If ya don't want the crowd to respond, don't say nothin. And we all are not just talking to somebody in particular. We're putting out our thoughts and idea's to the World WW. They're for everybody to like, dislike or doole funny faces on.You made a strong comment and others responded strongly. Who's right, who's wrong, I don't care. I'm mostly here for the entertainment.[8D]

Just an fyi, the word "hate" is a stong word and causes others to come on strong, but like I said it don't matter to me. I don't make arrows, I'm a wood whisperer.

later
Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

If ya hate em, the don't use em.... I wouldn't use anything thing else myself. Don't blame the arrow, blame either the equipment or lack of knowledge about tuning.
I 100% agree. More the latter then the first.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

The truth is aluminum arrows are still the better technology as far as quality control and consistency for the price. Carbons are just lighter is all, which is what made them popular to begin with.
x2 just my opinion and youknow what people say about those.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Spike

There are little like O rings that you can put between your broadhead and shaft. I find that they help make the broadhead spin true. I bought my at cabelas. I'm not sure if you can find them on line or not. I find that the use of the o ring and trying different broadheads on different shafts you can get it to work. I shoot muzzys also.