Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mean v suppressor >

mean v suppressor

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mean v suppressor

Old 08-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Spike

Default mean v suppressor

thinking about getting a string suppressor. Got a couple of questions. Is there any difference between the custom made mean v suppressor, and the STS at my local archery store. And I have a 2005 allegience. Anyone know the length of the suppressor and camo pattern i would need to get it i got the custom one.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: mean v suppressor

I think the main difference is that MeanV's rubber stop has a flat end while the sts has a dented surface to catch the grip. Another difference is the MeanV is made out of softer material...........

You should ask MeanV himself, he the man !!!

Frank
Belgium
Old 08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The MeanV is simpler, lighter and custom fit to the bow. I have one on my 06 Ally and it works great. No more string leeches required!

Highly recommended:

http://www.meanvarchery.exactwebsites.com/home.html
Old 08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The meanv suppressor is made to length for you specific bow. The rubber stopper is actualy not flat at the end it has two rings that look like a bullseye target. I personaly think that design helps eliminate the slapping sound you get with some suppressors. Also you dont have to worry about the gaudy mounting block and extra length of the rod like the sts has. Ive heard several people complain about the sts coming loose after awhile, that wont be the case with the meanv. As far as size and camo, there is directions on the meanv website that someone posted a link to earlier. Just look to see what camo you have on the bow and he can match it for you.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:59 PM

MeanV suppressor looks good and the STS system is ugly IMO. I installed a MeanV on my Guardian and it took the very last bit of the vibration out of the bow. It looks like it came factory with the bow. The STS looks ugly with the mounting block. I would highly recommend either the MeanV or the Vibekiller suppressor sold on www.archerytalk.com. I've had both and both are great products that work.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 AM

If you have a fixed set-up than I would go with the MeanV.

If you're going to be playing with and adjusting your draw weight than I'd go with the STS as it's adjustable.

*They both work great and are of good quality.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have put a Mean V on my last two bows....works great, looks great, for a great price. Just follow the instructions on the website and you are good to go.