Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Concern with Blazer Vanes >

Concern with Blazer Vanes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Concern with Blazer Vanes

Old 07-24-2008, 07:00 PM

Default Concern with Blazer Vanes

I just picked up my new Gold Tips and had blazer vanes put on. I shot and paper tuned and am now shooting bullet holes. My concern is when I got home from the archery shop is when I draw back and release the one vane on the cable side (right handed = right side) just barely grazes the cable, should I be concerned?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Concern with Blazer Vanes

I would say ...Yes, anytime you have fletchings touching it would be a concern for me. I bought some new ones last year (GT's)and they didn't have any shafts that weren't fletched, so I wound up with them too. I was having issues with the clearance....They stick out farther from the shaft than a normal vane or feather,I didn't sweat it long and went back to feathers...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Spike

Try an after market cable slide. I think some of them keep the cable a little tighter to the cable guard. This might provide enough extra clearence to solve your problem. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: fjp326

Try an after market cable slide. I think some of them keep the cable a little tighter to the cable guard. This might provide enough extra clearence to solve your problem. Good luck.
I had to do that, it worked good.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 PM

I had clearence trouble with Blazers on my X Force, but I was able to turn the cable rod a little (which moved the cable further away) and solve the problem. Can you move / adjust the cable rod?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had issues when I put blazers on my GT ultra 22 series. I just had to twist the nock a bit....with a drop away rest it was no big deal.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:45 AM

yeh I was gonna say...just turn the nock a little if you are shooting a drop away.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:36 AM

i'm shooting a prong style rest...i'm going to go the archery shop tonight and have them look at it
Old 07-25-2008, 02:47 PM

Have them fix the problem, there is no reason you should have any clearance problems with standard vanes on your arrows!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:05 PM

I thought it was proven that blazers had the same height as normal vanes!?!

Quick Reply: Concern with Blazer Vanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.