Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ON TARGET 2

Old 07-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Spike

Default ON TARGET 2

I was wondering is ON target 2 software accurate ..As fars as..spine matching ..the chrono...foc% etc.. i love the program but get different spine reccomandation's from manufacturer's arrows charts.Then i do from ON target 2 ..sumtimes
Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ON TARGET 2

Have you set up the program for your bow? The first thing you need to do is get an arrow of a known weight chronographed. Then, input all of your bow info and arrow info into the program. After you have done this you will notice that the speed given by the program is higher than what you've measured. You will need to adjust the IBO on the program until the calculated speed equals your measured speed. Once you have accomplished this you can accurately use the program.

The charts only ballpark arrows and usually use 100 gr tips to determine spine. You will notice that the charts only list a DW range and an arrow length. It does not list your DL and except for Easton rarely lists 125 gr tips. That's why you'll notice that many manufacturers now offer input sheets on their sites to get a more accurate shaft selection.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually,OT2 does not use ibo ratings and uses cam performance for spine matching.You can do as Dave is telling you but the spine will not change from 1 to the other,this is why I contacted them in the first place.Needles to say,I was very disapointed in the program and have gone back to Archers Advantage which does allow you to use actual speeds of your bow to get perfectly matched spined arrows.

I discussed this with them and this is what I was told because I was getting conflicting numbers.I have found it to beaccurate IF you have some way to calibrate the cam system.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:48 PM
bigcountry

For compounds, I find it accurate. For recurves, rather far off.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

For compounds, I find it accurate. For recurves, rather far off.

I agree with this.I have found the program to work really good.I tried setting up a recurve and the numbers were all wrong.You can contact Larry Clague from OT2 and he will try and make everything right for you.