Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What is this old broad head? >

What is this old broad head?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What is this old broad head?

Old 03-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What is this old broad head?

OK you Techies, you guys tell me who made this old style mechanical? It has no markings on it as to who made it or a name. Or even a date for that matter.

When closed it measures 1 1/8 across the head and when open it measures just over 2" .

Old 03-03-2003, 09:47 PM

Default RE: What is this old broad head?

My guess would be a early version of the Bloodtrailer broadhead[&:]
Old 03-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

The small bleeder blades puts me in mind of a Bloodtrailer...what a piece of work huh?
Old 03-03-2003, 11:07 PM

I think it is called the Swinger,but i could be wrong.If you want a definate answer ask the guys on the leather wall at the stick bow site.www.stickbow.com
Old 03-04-2003, 05:24 AM

i would go with a pukkett also. contact them see what they say
Old 03-04-2003, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

No wonder early mech. got a bad rap. That thing looks pretty filmsy to me. Looks like it swings a long ways to only be 2" . Cool pic though. Where did you come across it.

A buddy of mine as a shoulder bone with an embedded ea. wasp bh in it. It is pretty cool because the shoulder bone just grew around it.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry guys....I must have forgot to add the fraction to the open size. It is actually 2 1/2.

We came across this thing on an old arrow in the cabin we go to in Colorado. Cleaning house and decided to save the head.

Bad rap or not, this thing would still be legal as far as fixed heads go here in Illinois. Cuz it is always at 1 1/8 when closed. I imagine it would do some damage and even more if it opened. Worse case scenario, if it didn' t open it is still going to do some damage!!

The opening of the head is pretty stiff right now. I was oiling and trying to clean some of the grime off to see how easy it actually moved. I got it to where it isn' t too bad.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:58 AM

That is definetly one BAD looking broadhead. I have no clue as to who makes it, so I won' t even guess. It is a pretty interesting design.

One question I have is how does it open. I am looking at the picture and can' t really tell. Does it have to be pushed from the back end to open up? By that I mean, when the tip hits the deer, the arrow pushes on the back of the broadhead, which would cause the blade slides to open up?

All I know is that is a pretty cool find. That would be an awsome head to get into working order and use for hunting (that is if it flies true, and you have enough KE in your set-up)
Old 03-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

The black part that threads into the arrow slides up into the part with the bleeder blades in it. It slides in and the blads go out.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:21 PM

Okay, now I see. That is a pretty cool find. The thing looks like it could do some SERIOUS damage.

Quick Reply: What is this old broad head?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.