Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Stringsplitter Peep >

Stringsplitter Peep

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stringsplitter Peep

Old 07-10-2008, 06:29 PM

Default Stringsplitter Peep

Has anyone tried this new Peep sight? As I am getting up there in age, my eyes are not what they use to be and this looked like an interesting option to open up the feild of view and add more ability to get light. Any feed back would be appreciated
http://www.stringsplitter.net/
Old 07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stringsplitter Peep

Do a Google search for Predator Peep and see if you like the looks of it.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have thought about stocking the string splitters. My only hang up about the string splitter is that the legs may bend. I have seen G5 meta peeps elongate in todays high performing bows and those little legs scare me.

BG, how "round" does the predator peep get at full draw forcentering your pin guard inside your peep?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I have thought about stocking the string splitters. My only hang up about the string splitter is that the legs may bend. I have seen G5 meta peeps elongate in todays high performing bows and those little legs scare me.

Only time I have seen them do this is when they are "over-served" meaning that the 1" rule got broken. Although I'm suprised I haven't seen a few of the 1/4" and especially the 5/16" ones oval out even with plenty of space.

String splitter looks like a good idea. Only issue I'd have is I think I would probably cheat and move my head... might have to use an extra nock set knot as a kisser button or something. I'll bet it would work just fine though.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kerry,

I don't honestly know. I never shot one. I would imagine that how "round" would be determined by string angle at full draw. I know a few guys that use them and they like them. In fact, one of my occasional shooting buddies is a brother of the guy that designed it. I just threw that in so that people would know there are other options.

Me? I'm a tried and true Fletcher style peep user. In over 3 decades I don't think anybody has improved on this basic design.

I
Old 07-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO the G5 Meta peep and the Fletcher Tru-Peep are the 2 best choices on the market.

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 03:06 PM

BG Fisher: I took a look at the predator sight, but my concern there is I have always used the Top of my Peep to align with the Top of my sight as a sale reference. The angle on the top of predator might be hard to get a good sight picture alignment.

BigBulls: I had not even thought about the end bowing in, Good Point!

I suppose I will have to think about it. I found it for $15 and was thinking of trying it and if it does not work or does bow, I suppose I can always switch back. I still have 99 days till season opens. ( Not that I am counting )
Old 07-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WBowhunt

BG Fisher: I took a look at the predator sight, but my concern there is I have always used the Top of my Peep to align with the Top of my sight as a sale reference. The angle on the top of predator might be hard to get a good sight picture alignment.
Maybe that's why there are so many eep sights on the market. At least it gives us options. Better than being stuck with just one style of peep.

Come to think of it, the guy I said is my part-time shooting buddy is a bow technician at Kinsey Outdoors. Name is Mike Myers. Good technician and good buy. Point being, I amclose to Kinsey and Lancaster Archery so have the ablility to walk in and try things before I buy. Maybe I'll have to put a Predator in my string and see what it looks like.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a StringSplitter and LOVE it!!!!! I have a much bigger field of view, and I didn't lose any accuracy. I have the mini version and it is plenty big. I would definitely recommend it.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Wbowhunt
I hear ya on the age thing as I'm tipping the scale at 53 and my eyes have gotten worse over the last 4 years. I tried the string splitter last year for a month and used the 1 inch size and found I lost alot of accuracy. So I went with a peep as I never used one before hand. I used a no peep that I likedbut also found the accuracy wasn't the best. This year I've been shooting the lights out at 20 yards with my new bow and the peep. Just try and find one with the biggest hole in it that you can get. I believe mine is 3/8's of an inch and I'm shooting steady 290's plus. Good luck on the splitter,make sure you try all 3 sizes and get
the one you like. I didn't give them a chance, I just went with a regular peep with the largest hole I could feel comfortable shooting with . That's the good thing I guess when it comes to money,their not the most expensive thing to discard. Good luck on your search.Also using the 1 inch splitter, I lost 9fps as it was quite big.
Rocky

Quick Reply: Stringsplitter Peep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.