Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QAD tune up... *Update** >

QAD tune up... *Update**

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD tune up... *Update**

Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default QAD tune up... *Update**

I put new strings/cables on, and now I am having a heck of a time getting this rest timed back in, using the TL-1 launcher arm, nocked high. any ideas?

how do you guys set them up?

j
Old 07-10-2008, 12:34 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: QAD tune up...

Get a draw board or a hook on the cieling or have a buddy watch you and make sure it drops within 2"

Old 07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

with in 2" of what?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: hmthtrfan

with in 2" of what?
2" of letdown. In other words, think about pulling back slowly, and before you get to 2" before full draw, your QAD should be standing at full 90 degrees. But will not be at 90% at say 4" of full draw. You move the cable (or football if you are using it) up and down on the downward cable to adjust this timing.

I have played around with letting it drop fast, like 1" of letoff and making it stay to a vertical position for 3-4", and i find 2" to be sufficient.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

got ya! thx
Old 07-10-2008, 05:56 PM

get a limb driver arrow rest and it will eliminate this problem. i had a QAD and had problems with it to..
Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

dont like the limbdriver, thats just too much cord goin up to the limb.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:46 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: ken the kid

get a limb driver arrow rest and it will eliminate this problem. i had a QAD and had problems with it to..
Limbdriver has to be timed too. Not much different from the QAD.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

For the LIFE OF ME, I cannot get clearance now. new string, same ol rest, now no clearance.

any ideas??
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm assuming you are using a QAD hunter? If you are using an LD or HD then this is a moot point...

Most of the time with the Hunter models the issue is not the rest being too slow in getting out of the way, its rather that it is bouncing back up and catching the underside of the hen feathers/vanes as they pass over. Thats of course why QAD came up with the LD (Lock-Down) version that has an extra spring to keep this from happening.

Bounce back on the hunter model is a common issue, but it has (in my experience) an easy fix. All I do is move the whole rest forward or backwards in 1/8" increments until the issue is fixed. It actually times the passing of the fletchings to go over when the rest is in mid-bounce rather than at the top of its bounce (sort of like jumping rope I suppose).

There again... this is only applicable if you have a Hunter model.

Quick Reply: QAD tune up... *Update**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.