Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 shooting with eye glasses? >

shooting with eye glasses?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shooting with eye glasses?

Old 03-03-2003, 06:46 AM

Default shooting with eye glasses?

just started wearing eye glasses for distance/night driving. when shooting at the range i noticed the targets at 20 yds.the bullseye was slightly blurry. if i shoot with glasses the target is clear but my sight pins become blurry. how does one overcome this problem.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:02 AM

Default RE: shooting with eye glasses?

Try using a patch over the non-dominant eye. It cleared things up for me. If you are using a scope, you may have to try different clarifiers. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:16 PM

Your pins are blurry because your glasses are for distance. Try a smaller pin. It will look like it is farther away but it will only be the size making it look that way. My glasses did me the same way at first but then someone on here told me to try smaller pins and it helped. It will still be slightly blurry but it won' t be near as bad. Chris
Old 03-03-2003, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve won glasses since I was five years old due to acute astigmatism and I have never had any problems. Since my eyes are ancient now (64 years old) I wear bifocals and still no problem. However I ordered a No Peep today and will get rid of my peep and that should help a lot in low light . . . all too typical . . . conditions.

Do you wear bifocals?
Old 03-03-2003, 05:58 PM

I also shoot with glasses on the problem i' m having is when i' m looking through my peep i see double pins(double vision),does anyone know what might cause this to happen.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:51 PM

jsager,

I don' t know what causes it, but the patch fixed it for me.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have also just started wearing glasses a few weeks ago, at the age of 39 I was prescribed glasses for my long distance vision and a stigmatism. The free trial pair of contacts dont work my dominent right eye is still blurry with the contact, going back this week to the docs about the contacts.
I found that if I try to aim while looking through the peep with both eyes open I also get double vision, so I have had to change to shooting with one eye closed.
I found that when I try to shoot I cant see clearly through my peep because the bridge of the glasses blocks my view through the peep, so after shooting with and watching 2 other people whom wear glasses while shooting I tried thier advice( to turn my head slightly so I am facing the target more ) when I did this it caused me to not to be able to anchor where I usually do and this was really screwing up my form, after years of teaching my self to always anchor at the same spot even with my eyes closed, its very hard to try and anchor elsewhere.
I shot my first indoor league last nite while wearing glasses and my score dropped 15 points from my averageI am also having the problem of focusing on the target, if I do then my pins are a blur. I finally gave up part way through the shot with the glasses , I was getting a terrible headache, and continued to shoot the rest of it without wearing the glasses.[:@][X(]
Old 03-04-2003, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone whom wears glasses tried the NO PEEP? What did you think of it?Think It would solve the problem of the bridge of the glasses blocking my view through my peep sight?
Old 03-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

I' ll let you know in a day or two. My No Peep is on the way.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dick ; Please let me know, thanks, the info will be much appreciated.

Quick Reply: shooting with eye glasses?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.