Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need help

Old 07-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default need help

Bow has not been shot a ton in the past month but I picked it up today and noticed that out past 25 yds or so my arrows have dropped quite a bit on impact. I am having to use what used to be my 40 yd pin to hit at 30.. Nothing has beenchanged and bow has not been abused so any ideas on why this would happen.

My bow info is in my signiture..

Thanks
Old 07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need help

ORIGINAL: demoIL

Bow has not been shot a ton in the past month but I picked it up today and noticed that out past 25 yds or so my arrows have dropped quite a bit on impact. I am having to use what used to be my 40 yd pin to hit at 30.. Nothing has been changed and bow has not been abused so any ideas on why this would happen.

My bow info is in my signiture..

Thanks

Are you sure that its still at 65#s? I'm sure you didn't adjust it... but did you check it?

Only other thing I can suggest with what you gave me is that you might be anchoring up a little different (or maybe you changed your release) and your eye might be a slightly different spot in relation to your sights.... even if you use a peep.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Spike

Are you dropping your bow arm? A month is a long time not to shoot.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have have only shot maybe twice this month or the past month and a half, just been super busy.. But I suppose it could be me.. Release is the same, anchor (peep, kisser and nose touching) seems the same. I will have the poundage checked, I did not adjust but I'll have it checked. I had nock point a tad high, I raised my rest and evened it out just a bit. I mean it's still maybe 1/8 or so high at the nock but not as much.. I've sighted it back in at 20 and 30 but will check poundage and see if it changes anymore. I'll shoot again tomorrow and see if anything changes. I dunno, I'll check back tomorrow...

Thanks
Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

adjust your pins.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: demoIL

Well I have have only shot maybe twice this month or the past month and a half, just been super busy.. But I suppose it could be me.. Release is the same, anchor (peep, kisser and nose touching) seems the same. I will have the poundage checked, I did not adjust but I'll have it checked. I had nock point a tad high, I raised my rest and evened it out just a bit. I mean it's still maybe 1/8 or so high at the nock but not as much.. I've sighted it back in at 20 and 30 but will check poundage and see if it changes anymore. I'll shoot again tomorrow and see if anything changes. I dunno, I'll check back tomorrow...

Thanks

With that Mathews... you'll probably have better results keeping your nock at least 1/8" high, so I wouldn't move it any lower. Just don't get to wild on it... because if you were driving nails with it a month ago and you haven't shot in a bit and suddenly its all over the place... well... you know what I'm getting at.... same as pizz was saying.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok well.. I've got it back in business and still haveno idea what happened.. I went to the bow shop and we did a little tuning. Put a couple twists in the string, and papertuned. Tuned good and it's shooting good now.. Sights are really close to the same point they were before the problems. I'm grouping really well at 20 and 30..
Still have no idea, guess I'll keep on hunting and keep on shooting.. I'm not going to say it wasn't me, who knows.. But I'm good for now and I appreciate the input..

thanks
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 AM

sounds to me like some string stretch