Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 General  speed vs smooth Mods ? >

General speed vs smooth Mods ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

General speed vs smooth Mods ?

Old 06-30-2008, 11:57 PM

Default General speed vs smooth Mods ?

Well when I bought my General I had them put the speed Mods on because I thoght I wanted more speed. I really didnt mind about the draw cycle to much. Now after shooting it for awhile I would like to back to the smooth Mods, It drops off really hard at the end of the cycle and I am starting to get kind ofannoyed with it. I took it back to the shop and they said bowtech doesnt make smooth mods for my draw length and the mods wouldn't effect the draw cycle with such a short DL. Any help would be great. I dont know what my DL measures out at they never told me what it was set at but I can get the #'s off the Mods I someone wants to help.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: General speed vs smooth Mods ?

If the mods on your bow fit you now then smooth mods are also available for it.

The smooth mods are marked with an CPXS and the speed mods are marked with an CPXF.

The valley is adjustable with the draw stop which should help get rid off the sudden drop off.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 PM

Well There is a F on the mods but there also is a S stamped on them as well unless its the # 5. Its kinda hard to tell, I think the kid mumbled somthing about thea number 5 mod so I think thats what it is. So should I go back and tell them they are full of it? If I adjust the draw stop how much will thateffectmy DL?
Thanks for your help by the way, I just started shooting and Im trying to learn all about this Bow, I never thought they would be this complex I appreciate all the help.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off you need to find your draw length. I'd then contact Bowtech support, and ask them about the Smooth draw cams. It sounds to me personnally your bow shop is full s**t, becasue your draw length is adjusted by changing a module on the cams themselves. So my only thought by what your being told is theshorter draw length isn't offered with the smooth mods, but no literature I've read shows that!
Next your draw stop is on your top cam, the button with all the small holes running around the cam itself. The draw stop rests against your cable at full draw, not the limb. Its quietier that way. You can over adjust itso the stop pushes on the cable, which you don't want. But going the other way, so the stop doesn't touch the cable might change the valley your concern with. But I haven't messed with mine to be sure. You simply loosen the alan screw, and the rotate the stop to the other holes. I watched my shop guy do this setting up my General.
Personnally I'd stick with the speedcams,as you'll see adecrease in speed with the smoothcams. I'm a short draw myself 26.5", so Ineed all the speed I can get for flattery trajectory, and more K.E. Right now I'm shooting a 434gr arrow, and it chrono'd at 239fps. I'm set at 63lbs.If I drop to a lighter arrowof 357grnsit chrono'd at 252fps. But I'd rather use athe heavier arrow. So I'm going to crank mine up a bit more. Just some thoughts for ya there.