Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2" blazers and helical.... >

2" blazers and helical....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2" blazers and helical....

Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Default 2" blazers and helical....

I currently shoot 2' blazers on my axis 400's, I have them fletched with "straight 1 degree" az ez fletch. They fly great for field points, but I have not shot the BH yet out of the new bow. Is the 1 deg ok for BH? should I be using a 4 deg or 6 deg right helical, or does it matter??
Old 06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2" blazers and helical....

I am using the Bohning fletching jig plastic red one and I just bought the right helcal and I love the difference. The helical is slight but it does help stabilize the arrow.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:12 PM

well, Im not sure which one is actually on my arrows. I asked the shop when they did it, he said it was 1 deg, I called today he said he may have used the 4 deg one but he doesn't remember.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AZHuntr

I am using the Bohning fletching jig plastic red one and I just bought the right helcal and I love the difference. The helical is slight but it does help stabilize the arrow.
huh, how much does it help stabalize the arrow? i shot 31" arrows and have been using the az ezy fletch with just off set straight and have gotten good results..however after changing my string recently, for some reason now i cannot get the BH to hit with the fieldpoints (its about 3 inches to the left). so i just purchased the bohning fletcher online yesterday, only to find out it is back ordered[:@]....but, once i get it i am going to try it out with right helical and 4" vanes...i am hoping the groups will be tighter and the 3" difference will go away.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

va I use the ez fletch with the helical arms with blazers and I get very good results with the helical.I am a firm believer that if you shoot a fixed blade broadhead you should be using some deg of helical,the more helical you can get the better for perfect broadhead flight.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 PM

On the 2" Blazers, you want to strive for an RH helical offset that amounts to about the width of the base of the fletch. In other words, if you look straight down the shaft, the right edge of the back of the fletching's baselines up with the left edge of the front of the fletch base. Does this make sense?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

makes sense to me roskoe

do you think that for a 31" arrow blazers would work well? or should i opt for a larger vane size?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:32 PM

It should work regardless of arrow length. The only time the 2" Blazers have let me down was with a 31" CE Terminator shaft pushing a Magnus Bullhead turkey head. For that, I had to use real 5" feathers with a hard helical offset - even 4" plastic veins weren't enough.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 PM

ALso, I had the same problem awhile back. Bow was shooting BH and field points exactly the same and, once I put on new string/cables, couldn't get them to group the same. After a little break in period, however, I did some major retuning on the bow - twisting cables and strings to restore ATA and brace height, as well as moving the rest and nocking point a bit- and wound up with things grouping the same again.This issue may not have anything to do with the arrows or fletching.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

huh..ok thanks. the shaft is a carbon express terminator lite....small but is an upgrade from the wolverines

Quick Reply: 2" blazers and helical....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.