Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 hca speed pro max >

hca speed pro max

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hca speed pro max

Old 06-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Spike

Default hca speed pro max

http://www.archerschoicesights.com/arrow.htm
ok i know im probable going to get a lot of negitive feed back saying that they are to light of a arrow but here we go.

if a new high contry bow can shoot them why caint the rest of bow makers stand behind this kind of arrow wheight when to me they are way beter bows than high contry?

i'v herd of guys shooting them out of there bowtech & hoyt bowsfor 2 or 3 years with no harm to there bows.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hca speed pro max

You probably can shoot them out of any bow out there. I've heard of guys shooting below 5 gpp with nothing happening to the bow. However, manufacturers have to protect their own butts and shooting a bow that light can eventually cause a cataclysmic occurrence if something fails on the bow from limb fatigue or string failure. Furthermore, the noise level typically increases. Don't get me wrong. I've thought about trying one of their arrows out with my Ally.

Imagine though whatmay happen to High Country if one of their bows fail when their warranty states you can shoot down to3 gpp?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:03 PM

I have no problem with using light arrows. But the last thing I would want to do is void the warranty on my bow. Besides a 5gpp arrow for me is 250grains, that's what, about the weight of a sharpened pencil?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Advantages to superlight arrows are basically nil. At bowhunting ranges the difference in speed is No great advantage. I prefer a medium weight arrow. The Bow will be quieter, produce more KE, and IMO be more forgiving.

I guess if you wanna post pics of your speed on the chrono or try to sell a few bows, then light arrows might have a place

Dan
Old 06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Spike

well i went and bought them,i shot one of my old arrows it went 280 fps the speed pro max went 310 fps bouth at 67 lb draw 29" draw
i still got to fleach them so it will be some time next week before i can shoot them
Old 06-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do some research about High Country Bows - more specifically Barnsdale Laminate Limbs - and you'll see why HCA can warranty down to 3 gpp and other manufacturerssimply can't follow suit without hesitancy.

It might change youropinion about the other bows on the market being "way better."

Old 06-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey quick. What type of rep did you tell me before you are? The latest HCA looks pretty sweet.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not a rep, but I bought my bow for $530through some staff program they have. But as far as I know, that program is (was)open to anyone.

And yes, the Speed Force and Supreme look really, really nice.

I just noticed, they re-did their website. Amazing! The old one looked like a 3rd grader made it.

If you're serious about their new lineup of bows, get in touch with Richard Batdorf - he's the chief designer of the Iron Mace, and is a really decent guy.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Do some research about High Country Bows - more specifically Barnsdale Laminate Limbs - and you'll see why HCA can warranty down to 3 gpp and other manufacturerssimply can't follow suit without hesitancy.
x2, but my elite has them too. I was reading posts by Kevin that designs elite and he said you could use slightly lighter than 5gr per in in the new bows and still be covered by warranty...the difference in elite and hca limbs is that hca has one more layer than elite uses.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I'm not a rep, but I bought my bow for $530through some staff program they have. But as far as I know, that program is (was)open to anyone.

And yes, the Speed Force and Supreme look really, really nice.

I just noticed, they re-did their website. Amazing! The old one looked like a 3rd grader made it.

If you're serious about their new lineup of bows, get in touch with Richard Batdorf - he's the chief designer of the Iron Mace, and is a really decent guy.
I'll definitely give the info to my buddy Josh. I am probably a few years out from an upgrade. I've only had my Ally 1 yr and see no need to replace it soon. Although, if I shot a HCA I could be swayed.

Quick Reply: hca speed pro max

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.