Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
help me find a good finger rest >

help me find a good finger rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

help me find a good finger rest

Old 01-02-2002, 08:48 PM

Default help me find a good finger rest

Im looking for a new arrow rest I shoot fingers and was wondering what other finger shooters are useing. I want something hunting friendly. I like the looks of the NAP plunger rest I don't see it on their web sight anyone know why? Thats all I see in cabelas bass pro etc. are rests designed for release aid shooters.I appreciate any input thanks
Old 01-02-2002, 08:53 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Default RE: help me find a good finger rest

Probably the most hunter friendly I know of is the Centerest flipper. Easy to replace the head and plenty rugged. Some of my customers like the Golden Key Superstar or Star Hunter too.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:17 PM

Bodoodle Timberdoodle, GKF Starhunter, Flipper, that was mentioned earlier are all excellent finger rests. The old springy type rest still works for some.

I currently use the Superstar by GKF. The Starhunter is just as good (no microdrive adjustment) and much less expensive.

One question I have for tm is " do any of your Starhunter users have a plunger also?"
Old 01-02-2002, 11:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the Cavalier MicroFlyte flipper, but also shoot a springie and the Centerest flipper.

My arrows have always been to heavy for the Star Hunter. Never have gotten good results from that one, but I knew a lot of guys that loved them in the 80's. Most of them did back the side blade with a plunger, Longtimearcher.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:41 AM

I would strongly recommend the Golden Key Starhunter.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:57 PM

WHEN I SHOT WITH FINGERS, IT WAS A CENTER REST FLIPPER. I LOVED IT.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple of buddies that shoot the whisper biscuit with fingers and both of them love it. Both have shot fingers for years.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:07 PM

Cavalier Freeflite, starhunter, superstar. Plunger and flipper style set ups. Feathers are almost a must for forgiveness out of the rest.

>>>>--------o-->
Old 01-03-2002, 11:57 PM

I like flippers, and golden key web page has tons of them. I also like the cavalier rests. I like the centrest, though I heard it wasn't being made any more, and it is a little fragile. My favorite hnting set up for a compound and fingers was a simple springie rest (see golden key, but there used to be some dirt cheap ones). select a spring about one good level lighter than your combo would suggest, they usualy come with three springs, mount it, and put a blob of silicone seal in the center of the spring, sufficient to kill any noise. Shoot with feathers, bom b proof.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:37 PM

Im curious to the advantages to rests like the star hunter type with the two fins or arms over the flipper plunger style with a plunger Id think you'd have more conrol over archers paradox or can the fins compensate that much also has anyone tried the bodoole timberdoodle. Let me know how you like it and thank you all for your input. Timbow

Quick Reply: help me find a good finger rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.