Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 No Peep Question. >

No Peep Question.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No Peep Question.

Old 02-27-2003, 10:46 AM

Default RE: No Peep Question.

The great thing about the no-peep is, that you don' t need to look at it to shoot. I find myself hardly ever looking at it anymore. After thousands of shots, my anchor and grip are now more consistant than ever. I have it on my bow, but only look at it regularly if I' ve experimented with a part of my grip or my anchor. In the field, if it were covered with snow or rain, it would not prevent me from getting off a good shot.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:37 AM

I tried a no-peep several years ago and the darn thing kept moving on me. I tightened the piss out of it too. Maybe the newer ones are better. I' m back to a peep until something better comes along.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:59 PM

I had a Mathews FX. I used the Trophy Ridge sight and the No-Peep. I had no problems with either one. I just set the no peep up so it was below the sight.

I sold the bow because of the small sight window. My sight was right at the top of my sight window when I had it sighted in. I could see the pins fine but did not like the limtied view. The only complaint I had with the bow. Other than that I loved the bow. I also liked the no peep. Great for hunting right at daylight and dusk
Old 03-01-2003, 08:53 AM

I have had a no peep on for several years and although I have had to wipe it off on a few occasions in real dumping rain, it usually does not present much of a problem. I can see how freezing weather could cause a problem. I also live in western Washington and I am familiar with RAIN, but I love the no peep and will never go back. Sort of interested in the new version of no peep, but got everything on my bow shooting so sweet that I don' t want to touch anything.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Well . . . my No Peep arrived today and after a few aprehensive moments I got it installed and I think I have the proper adjustments made. Hopefully I can do some shooting tomorrow to prove it. So far, I am impressed. I had to change the way my sight is installed and had to wiggle a bit but ultimate I have the dot where it is supposed to be. Unfortunately, I ran out of effective light and need to wait till tomorrow to do the test shootintg.

More later.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Dick,I have the FX and the older model no peep with the level attached to it.I had to modify the bracket by grinding for a little clearance.I had it in about every position I could put it in and finally took it off.I thought that it did its job alright but it always seemed to be in the wrong place and I was always messing with it.I couldn' t get comfortable and felt that it was a distraction.But that is just me,many seem to really like it,maybe I' ll give it another try.Ron
Old 03-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

nmaineron

My mount is not level but it is adjusted and the dot is centered as it is supposed to be. I have not had the opportunity to shoot it yet. I know I' ll need to do some tweaking on my sights. Being farther out front from the bow should bring the sight up. Then removing the peep gained me from 5 to 9 fps in speed so it should shoot a little flatter (very little) then moving the sight out with the angle bracket. I think the greater speed should effect my sight pins where the rest will just move the whole sight block . . . So far though, I have had no problems with consistancy in drawing and sighting but the proof is in the shooting.

I' ll let you know haw the shooting goes when I get to it.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

I couldn' t get comfortable and felt that it was a distraction.
I installed one on my MQ1 several weeks ago, and I found that the secret is to learn to ignore it. Once you can do that, you can concentrate on your pin, and placement on the target. $40 for something, just to ignore it!
So far it' s shooting great. I was shooting tight in almost total darkness the other night.
Charlie
Old 03-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

I shot mine for the first time today. It was cold and wet and my endurance was lacking. However I got it shooting close eniugh to where I was aiming to blow three nocks. This was at the recommended short distance. Next I need to get back to the 20 yard pin. It sure let me know when my form was on and off.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dick; What do you mean when you say" the recommended short distance" ?
I look forward to hearing the outcome of how it works for you on the longer shots etc.

My question is ( even after reading the discription on the no peep website I really dont understand how it works).
Do you align it to be on a vertical line with your sight pins ?
Like this.
:
@

: = pins
@ = NO PEEP

Quick Reply: No Peep Question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.