Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pin size...

Old 04-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pin size...

I suppose, I thought the .029's were pretty nice, been shooting them for quite a few years, and many what an improvement over those OLD HUGE .040 things. Well, I started shooting spots a week or so ago, because I wanted something to motivate me to be more consistent, and create my own little personal competition against myself. But I realized my pins are just too BIG to expect extremely tight shooting, thus I ordered a new sight. Well, after many 48 and 49's, I slid a Sword Apex Hunter w/ .019 pins on my bow, made 3 adjustment and had it zero'd in (more luck than anything), and decided to shoot a couple ends. First end was a 48, second a 47 (I think I got cocky because I was so happy with the first end and wow those tiny little pins would seem like they are going to make a BIG difference. Next a 49, then a 50, with 3 "X-cutters." So now I'm thinking I want to get some .019 pins for my LX now. If any of you guys haven't shot the smaller pins, don't hold back too long, I shot a 1.5" 3 arrow group at 30yds!!! Ripped up a fletch, but "WOW," I never realized what I was missing.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pin size...

I remember 5 years or so ago, I shot .040 or .060 plastic tru glow pins. I currently shoot .010 pins, and its a night and day difference from the .029's.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I just put a new HHA sight on new General this year and put the .19 pin on it. I love it!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been thinking about getting .019's pins for deer hunting/target practice. I'm currently using Tru-Glo's Bright Sight Extreme with .029 pins.

What type of sight would you recommendto me that fits these requirements?

1. I want the .019's pins.

2. The sight has to come in a left hand model.

3. I don't want to spend more than $50.00
Old 04-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

TTT
Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

I've been thinking about getting .019's pins for deer hunting/target practice. I'm currently using Tru-Glo's Bright Sight Extreme with .029 pins.

What type of sight would you recommend to me that fits these requirements?

All sights are made for right/left hand because if you shoot left hand the mounting holes are on the opposite sides of a right hander.

Are you looking for mulitple pin sight or one pin sight?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: npockat32

What type of sight would you recommendto me that fits these requirements?

All sights are made for right/left hand because if you shoot left hand the mounting holes are on the opposite sides of a right hander.

Are you looking for mulitple pin sight or one pin sight?
Mulitple pin.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mulitple pin.
Not too many that come with .019 pins in that prices range. I picked up the Apex Hunter for $60. It's a budget sight, but it will serve it's purpose. That's my basic intention. After shooting it and realizing how well I like the much smaller pins, I also ordered new pins for my Sidewinder LX, so I can upgrade it to a .019 set up. You're probably looking at somewhere around $60 for an entry-level sight with .019 pins. But it should make your shooting a bit better at the same time.

Check out some of the stuff here: http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/index.php They seem to have a pretty wide variety of sights.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the 19. When I can't see them at last light I can't see what I'd be shooting at so there perfect for me. I'd try some 10's for target shooting though.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Mulitple pin.
Not too many that come with .019 pins in that prices range. I picked up the Apex Hunter for $60. It's a budget sight, but it will serve it's purpose. That's my basic intention. After shooting it and realizing how well I like the much smaller pins, I also ordered new pins for my Sidewinder LX, so I can upgrade it to a .019 set up. You're probably looking at somewhere around $60 for an entry-level sight with .019 pins. But it should make your shooting a bit better at the same time.

Check out some of the stuff here: http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/index.php They seem to have a pretty wide variety of sights.
OK, thanks!

Quick Reply: Pin size...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.