Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mathews vs. hoyt ????? >

mathews vs. hoyt ?????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathews vs. hoyt ?????

Old 02-21-2003, 07:09 PM

Default mathews vs. hoyt ?????

Hello im asking for help on what new bow i should purchse.

Ive shot both bows in the razertec in hoyt, and several modles of the mathews.

also i herd that some guys are having trouble paper tuning the hoyts??

any feed back on these two bows would be a great help thanks
Old 02-21-2003, 08:22 PM

Default RE: mathews vs. hoyt ?????

Out of the Mathews I really like the Q2XL, Legacy, Icon and the new LX. I think the Legacy might be the best all around hunting model they have if you like a short ATA bow with it being 34" . The LX is simply awsome & shot great, the only thing is the brace height is a little shorter than the Legacy but the ATA is alittle longer. Really you wouldn' t have any problems with either bow. My current hunting bow is a Q2XL which I feel is the best hunting model for me (I like longer ATA bows). Mathews are always first class bows with great quality and they shoot great!

The Hoyts I have had experience with have always been first class products also. You simply can' t go wrong with one. The new 2003 bows I have no expereince with nor have I shot one. You should be able to get some feedback on this forum regarding them. I would imagine they are like all Hoyts and are very accurate bows.

Your on your way since you have tried both brands, now start shooting them & see which one just feels better to you. either way you won' t loose and will get a great bow. Good Luck! keep us posted on what you get.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:53 PM

The new Hoyts are very impressive. I have shot a good many of them and I love them. I didn' t pick one to buy one, I picked the BowTech MightyMite, but that was my prefernce. The new Mathews are awsome too, smooth, quiet, fast, but, they always just felt awkward to me. That was just my personal prefernce. Also, from what I have heard, the new cam and a half system is very easy to tune. Not only that but it is producing fast speeds, it is quieter, and O MY how smooth the draw is.

The whole choice is up to you. Don' t pick a bow because " it will be a cool bow" or because " it is the top bow" . Pick the one that fits you best. If you want some more bow choices to check out, look at the new BowTech' s, Martins, PSE' s, and Parkers. They are all very good bows.

The only complaint I have about the Hoyts is they seem to put all the weight of the bow on your hand, it doesn' t feel spread out. Well, thats not the only complaint, they are pricey [:-], well worth the money, but they still cost alot.

Whatever you choose, make sure it is the bow that FITS YOU BEST. That is ALL that matters.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:19 AM

Shooting the Razortech. To tell you the truth, it has been the easiest tuning bow I have had. Yesterday I shot bare shafts with my fletched shafts and had them hitting 3" off at 20 yrds. 10 minutes later, had them grouping right along side of my fletched shafts. I will be interested to see how broadheads group. For my money, it' s very easy to tune and I especially love the smooth draw of the cam.5s.Had a great and long discussion with a Mathews shooter on the range, and we came to the conclusion that its personal preference. Good luck deciding (I know my decision was tough when I bought 3 weeks ago).
Old 02-23-2003, 07:08 PM

You can' t go wrong with either the Hoyt or the Mathews. It is all in what feels good to you. I went with the Hoyt because the grip is much smaller. The less hand you have on the bow for me is more accurate. Shrews makes a grip for the Mathews that is much smaller but I didn' t want to spend the extra money.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:19 PM

I really liked the mathews over the hoyts as I shot them both extensively on the same day. I shot and compared the legacy to the razortech. Both smooth, but I would say the legacy was quieter. The hoyt seemed to have more kick than the legacy. I mathews was an easy decision for me over the hoyt. Give them both a try and I recommend on the same day. You will get a gut feeling which you like better.
Good-luck
Old 02-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

Look at other bow companies as well. this site is soo biased as far as bows are concerned. other companies make products just as good as hoyt,bowtech an matews.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot the Mathews ' FX' ; 34" ATA and 235 fps IBO rating and 71/2" Brace Height that makes it a very forgiving bow. It is extremely quiet and super accurate and at 3.3 pounds it should not be overlooked as a GREAT hunters bow.

That said, I do not feel eletist! I chose the bow that felt good and shot well for me. There are FAR too many EXCELLENT bows on the market for me to put any of them down.

I believe most of us here spent a lot of time shooting every different bow that we could lay our hands on. We each simply chose what fit us best. The fact that so many of us shoot bows from a short list should not be construed as biased. It just happens that the shooters here picked what worked best for them and that just happens to be a short list. Logically, there must be a reason.

I have bowhunted since 1963 and have owned Ben Pearson, Fred Bear, Darton, Martin, Golden Eagle and now a Mathews. I chose the Mathews FX because it works for me . . . it may not for you or others on the forum.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:05 PM

Your getting 235 IBO! Is it a single limb bow or something?
Old 02-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Actually that was the AMO rating. I last chronographed at 231 fps. Next week I am installing a no peep and getting rid of my kisser. This will increase my speed by as mych as 10 fps. If it improves this muck my Kinetic Energy coud improve from 55 ft-lbs to 69 ft-lbs. The stated IBO is 308 fps. So I' m doing pretti good on the numbers. And if that aint enough . . . it' s driving tacks on top of that.

The Mathews is a solid limb single cam. The 231 was the average of four chronographed readings and I will re run the chroni as soon as I get the changes made.

Quick Reply: mathews vs. hoyt ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.