Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Apple Bow Vise...Issues. >

Apple Bow Vise...Issues.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Apple Bow Vise...Issues.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Apple Bow Vise...Issues.

Well, this may be a case of "you get what you pay for," however for what's it worth, here it goes. In an attempt to save some money, I decided to go with an Apple-Like bow vise off bowhuntingsuperstore on ebay. In all appearances it seems to be just like the Apple, but significantly cheaper. So I finally got it the other day and just got around to making a mount for it, and clearing off an older bench in our basement that my dad said I could use for bow work. So I go everything mounted, went to load my bow in, and the dang thing won't tighten down enough to even hold the bow in place![:@] Needless to say I'm extremely ticked. So here's my thoughts, there is a tension spring where you adjust the clamp, and the spring itself compresses to its limit before the clamp runs out of travel, so it's not clamping down. Does the Apple have this spring? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

You can see where the clamp bars still have plenty of room between them, yet the spring is compressed to its max.

Here's a picture of the vise from the side with my 101st loaded. I've point out the points of interest here.

So, any ideas/advice? Go to a parts store and pick up a smaller spring? Email the company (they have GREAT feedback) and complain? Something I'm missing all together here?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Apple Bow Vise...Issues.

Matt,

You have your bow installed in it backwards. Turn the bow around so that the the clamp is in clamping your limb at the pockets and the rod you have under your limb bolt goes on top of the limb near the cam. I'm sure that will fix your issue.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Matt,

You have your bow installed in it backwards. Turn the bow around so that the the clamp is in clamping your limb at the pockets and the rod you have under your limb bolt goes on top of the limb near the cam. I'm sure that will fix your issue.
Son of a!!!! You've got to be kidding me. How am I THAT stupid? Seriously...wow. I know they have that little amazing post icon award they give to great posts, but do they have like a donkey or jackass icon for some of the dumbest posts? Because this one deserves it. Geez that's embarassing.

Side note...thanks Rob...you're the man.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

if it makes you feel any better, I've been using mine the same way for 2 years now.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:23 PM

I redesigned that vice design for Apple about 6 months ago. The new design from Apple is far superior to the old design. I also co-designed the new Apple Pro Vice. This vice allows an infinite range of micro adjustmentsincluding sight axis. The knobsshown in the picture below are for the micro-adjustments.It will rotate the bow in all three axis.The Pro Vice is a great vice for Pro Shops.