Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 help on bowtech tomkat >

help on bowtech tomkat

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

help on bowtech tomkat

Old 04-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default help on bowtech tomkat

Ok guys, I've made a similiar post before but i never gave enough information to get a good response, so I've got my bow/arrow specs and i was just wondering if you guys could help...

The Golt Tip pro hunter arrow I shoot is 26 inches long (not including broadhead/fieldtip or nock) and has these specifcations....

Weight7.4 gr / in.
Spine.480"
O.D..293"
I.D..246"

The guy at the bowshop recommended an 85 grain broadhead, so thats what I have (G5 Montec) and the fletchings on my arrow are 3 inches long. I shoot a Bowtech Tomkat and currently my draw length is about 28.5 and the draw weight is 55 lbs...I'm hoping to take my bow into the shop monday and get the draw weight increased...with all of these arrow specifications, what is the maximum poundage I can hope for? (I'd purchase new arrows, but the college kid's budget isn't exactly a lot)

thanks for all the help and my aplogies for not giving a more thorough description previously...also, not sure whether it makes any difference but currently the only game i'll be hunting are whitetails
Old 04-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: help on bowtech tomkat

I am guessing when your arrow is complete you are right around 310 grs. You will be safe to 62 lbs.