Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help Me Pick A Sight >

Help Me Pick A Sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help Me Pick A Sight

Old 02-20-2003, 01:34 PM

Default Help Me Pick A Sight

I need a new sight to go on my Legacy. I' ve been shooting a while with my Cobra Brite-Eye sight (Wal-Mart clearance for $3) while I decide what I really want in a sight. I am primarily going to hunt with my bow, and I intend to shoot spots and eventually 3D to be better for bowhunting. Right now, I' m thinking that I would like either a 3 or 5-pin sight with small-diameter fiber optic pins (.019 probably), but have those pins very bright for their size. I don' t really need a circular pin guard, as I use a No Peep instead of a peep sight. Because of the No Peep, though, I would like for the sight to have a little more adjustment room to the left than my crappy Cobra does now. I' m only about 3/16" away from the pin guard now when sighted in. I would also prefer to have a level on the sight, but it' s not absolutely necessary since I have the No Peep. Same with camo, preferable but not necessary.

Anyone know of a sight that suits my needs? The most important feature is precise, very bright pins.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2003, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help Me Pick A Sight

Jason, I would highly recommend the Spot-Hogg line of sights. They are tough as nails, micro-adjustable, and you can get them with the .019" pins.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:42 PM

I have a Impact Archery Collector for sale. Very small and super bright pins. Like new in package w/ blue light.

http://www.impactarchery.com/collector.htm

-Chief

Old 02-20-2003, 02:46 PM

I like the looks of that Collector sight, but we can' t hunt with any " electronic devices" on our bows here in WA state and I' m pretty sure that blue light would make it illegal.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason.
I just sent you a PM
Old 02-20-2003, 03:55 PM

Got it and responded, Ausie-guy. Anyone else got any suggestions?
Old 02-20-2003, 04:55 PM

I have had an archers choice Ace for several years and love it. I have run into no problems seeing the pins at dawn/dusk. I dont know the measurements of the pins, but they are small. You can add a bubble level or small light if you want. Just my .02
Old 02-20-2003, 05:44 PM

Of the 3 sites I have, the Cobra 3 pin I have uses the TKO pins is my favorite and extremely brite.

I added 2 pins to it.
My bottom pin is 70 yards out. My top pin is at 20, with aluminum arrows. With carbon arrows my bottom pin is farther then I want to shoot.

I like to see how far away I can get and still hit my mark.
I can see just which direction needs fine tuning on my site, the farther from the target I get.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

I just recently ordered a Spott-Hogg, thanks to some
suggestions I received here. At least for now, I' m
going to leave my Montana Black Gold(Grand Slam)
on my second bow. If you' re not in need of a circular
pin guard, this is a great sight for hunting. Calibrated
adjustments, durable, and bright pins.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:53 AM

I put an Impact Archery Cosmic (same sight - different bracket than the Collector) on my Legacy this Fall, I don' t think I' ll take it off for awhile.

Quick Reply: Help Me Pick A Sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.